The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

First thought is no-call. If a call made by me it would be an illegal screen.

The game could factor into this call/no call decision. First time, probably no call, multiple times then calls made to stop behavior.
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 02:17pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post

jon snow really knows nothing he gets killed by his own people, of course you would only know that if you read the books and not just watch the tv show. if you are one of those that just watch the tv show, then ignore my previous sentence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
Why would you warn of a spoiler...after you've spoiled a story line? No, I haven't read the books, so I really appreciate your spoiler...
Ok, so it's been a while since somebody acted like a real jerk. So I'm having trouble remembering what the moderators will allow us to say about such a person. I know that it was specifically allowed to call someone a "prick", but I don't feel that "prick" quite captures johnny d's post. Seems like more of a "douche" to me.

I mean, the guy comes in with 13 total posts, finds a tagline that somebody seems to be a fan of and then ruins the end of the series for anybody who might have been interested.

Are we allowed to call Johnny D a douche? Because he really seems like a total douche to me. I mean, is it ok to say something like, "Jeez, Johnny D is real douche."? I don't want to overstep the boundaries of good taste as defined by the moderators, but "douche" just seems to fit here, as in "Only a total douche would intentionally wreck an entire TV series for people who he doesn't even know, and THEN tell you not to read his comments".

I humbly await the verdict of the moderator(s).

BTW, is Johnny D a complete douche, or what?
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 02:23pm
Courageous When Prudent

I would say he is more of a King Joffrey.
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 02:35pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
Ok, so it's been a while since somebody acted like a real jerk. So I'm having trouble remembering what the moderators will allow us to say about such a person. I know that it was specifically allowed to call someone a "prick", but I don't feel that "prick" quite captures johnny d's post. Seems like more of a "douche" to me.

I mean, the guy comes in with 13 total posts, finds a tagline that somebody seems to be a fan of and then ruins the end of the series for anybody who might have been interested.

Are we allowed to call Johnny D a douche? Because he really seems like a total douche to me. I mean, is it ok to say something like, "Jeez, Johnny D is real douche."? I don't want to overstep the boundaries of good taste as defined by the moderators, but "douche" just seems to fit here, as in "Only a total douche would intentionally wreck an entire TV series for people who he doesn't even know, and THEN tell you not to read his comments".

I don't think the new line of moderators has been set yet by Brad, but I would tend to agree with you.

I would add, that it takes such a character to ruin the TV series and then ruin the books before recommending the books. I might not use the same term, but I would certainly ask the question,

"Who does that?"
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 04:37pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Hatfields Vs. The McCoys ???

Spoiler alert for History Channel fans. I know how the show ends tonight, so if you're one of those fourteen million viewers who have been watching for the past two nights, you have been warned.

The last scene of the show's finale cuts to 1979 when the Hatfields defeat the McCoys, 301 to 227, on the popular game show, Family Feud. The credits roll as Richard Dawson kisses everyone in both families.

It's true. It's on the History Channel. It's history. You can look it up.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed May 30, 2012, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I would say he is more of a King Joffrey.
Be careful...a certain someone might tell you his fate!
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Wed May 30, 2012, 10:57pm
Official Forum Member

shes a better screener than Kevin Garnett!!!!

Ill probably hold my whistle. The screen was illeagal because of time and distance bot the only one who seems to have gotten a disadvantage was the defender who got run completely over. maybe it will even knock some sense into her
Old Thu May 31, 2012, 10:01am
beware big brother

not sure if i can continue breathing, scrapper may have mortally wounded me............not! but i do appreciate the love

dont worry apg, i wont divulge anymore of George's secrets. that would be a waste of time since the knowledge of one spoiler has already completely ruined the entire series for everybody who watches the show
Old Thu May 31, 2012, 10:17am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post

Roflmao...

Nice, scrapper...nice!

I would advise apg (and others) to read the books. They are way better than the movie series. And it's pretty tough to spoil the outcome when the last book(s) aren't even written yet...