The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Just a catch up (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/91083-just-catch-up.html)

Mark Padgett Wed May 09, 2012 10:52am

Just a catch up

For all of you who sent me nice messages about my upcoming surgery, thanks again. I had my angiogram yesterday, and everything looks good for the surgery. Now, I have two weeks to handle my anxiety, or at least try to do so.

Rufus Wed May 09, 2012 12:13pm

Thanks for the update Mark. Glad the "pre-screen" went well and still praying for a successful surgery and recovery.

BillyMac Wed May 09, 2012 07:26pm

Don't Walk Toward The Light ...

Remember. During the surgery, if you see a bright light. Don't walk toward the light. I know for a fact that there's an overtime game going on under that light. I know that you don't want to mess with an overtime game. You probably don't even know the rules regarding overtime.

JugglingReferee Wed May 09, 2012 08:21pm

Mark, I'm happy to hear that everything looks good. That's one less thing to worry about. Modern medicine is amazing; you'll be fine. Your sense of humour will help. :)

Mark Padgett Wed May 09, 2012 09:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 841032)
. Your sense of humour will help. :)

And so will my sense of humor. :rolleyes:

Sheesh, when will you Canadians learn to spell? :p

Mark Padgett Fri May 11, 2012 02:19pm

Just got word today that my surgery has been moved up a few days. Apparently, my surgeon is going to be doing something else on the original date - become the first surgeon in North America to perform some kind of new experimental surgery. Some guy is flying in from Europe to show him how.

I guess this just shows how good my guy is. Actually, I've heard he's great at this from quite a few other people, including some in the medical field.

Thanks again to those of you who have wished me well. Guys from my local kids rec league have been really good at contacting me about this.

refiator Fri May 11, 2012 11:19pm

Best of luck, Mark, from those of us who have been around a while, read tons of your posts, but only write posts periodically.......I look forward to reading your insights in the future.

dsqrddgd909 Tue May 15, 2012 06:53am

Mark, Good luck. I'll be praying for you.

ref3808 Tue May 15, 2012 12:38pm

Good luck Mark! Surgeons do amazing work these days. The skill of one in particular last year pulled my dad through quad bypass at the age of 86. You'll be fine. Praying for you.

7IronRef Tue May 15, 2012 04:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ref3808 (Post 841976)
Good luck Mark! Surgeons do amazing work these days. The skill of one in particular last year pulled my dad through quad bypass at the age of 86. You'll be fine. Praying for you.

Yes Mark things will be fine, my grandfather had a quad back in the day (his OT lasted 15 years :)

BillyMac Tue May 15, 2012 05:34pm

New Valve Springs ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7IronRef (Post 842013)
Yes Mark things will be fine, my grandfather had a quad back in the day (his OT lasted 15 years)

I believe that Mark Padget is getting a valve job. It's a pretty straight forward procedure unless he has a double overhead camshaft, in which case, it gets a little pricey. I wonder what kind of warranty he gets? Hopefully not a "tail light warranty".

Stat-Man Sun May 20, 2012 06:13pm

Good luck, Mark.

Hope the surgery is successful and you're back and your usual chipper self in no time. :D