The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
He might use it to keep track of which team is to receive the throw-in to begin subsequent quarters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post

I don't watch a lot of NBA, sorry. I wasn't aware that they used a jump ball to start each quarter.
In the NBA, the winner of the jump ball gets the ball first for the 1st quarter (duh as they won the jump ball) and 4th quarter. The loser gets the ball first for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Play is resumed by an unrestricted throw-in on the baseline (yeah I said it).

There would be no need for him to use a whistle to keep track on anything because if for some reason, he and his partners forgot who won the jump, they could just go look at the play-by-play at the table (which is kept for every game) and find out that way.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Wow I think it is pretty good for him to remember that he has a whistle in his pocket and can think that fast for him to grab it out and use it since he lost his other one.
Old Mon Apr 23, 2012, 05:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Happy To See Me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetime1 View Post
Wow I think it is pretty good for him to remember that he has a whistle in his pocket and can think that fast for him to grab it out and use it since he lost his other one.
Insert obligatory Mae West quote here. With bob jenkins out on sabbatical, it's no longer a challenge to post an image, or video, and to try to get it past him. Just use your imagination.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Apr 24, 2012 at 05:05pm.