The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   One of our own going under the knife soon (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/90669-one-our-own-going-under-knife-soon.html)

Camron Rust Thu Apr 19, 2012 01:42am

One of our own going under the knife soon

Got a note today from a fellow official who mentioned he was going to have a pretty serious surgery in a few weeks....that it may very well be the end of his officiating days.

Keep Mark Padgett in your thoughts and prayers....wishing him a successful surgery and full and speedy recovery.

Even though he often speaks as if he dreads overtime, this game needs to go into overtime. Just don't puke on his shoes. ;)

Freddy Thu Apr 19, 2012 04:09am

Deo Volente

Mark,
Hope all goes well with you and your surgery. Here's hoping it's one of those miniscus things or something similar which guys go through and get back on the court several weeks or months later. Lord's blessings to you.
Freddy

grunewar Thu Apr 19, 2012 04:43am

Thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. Best wishes.

BillyMac Thu Apr 19, 2012 06:23am

In My Prayers ...

Their prayer, if offered in faith, will heal him, for the Lord will make him well. The earnest prayer of a righteous man has great power and wonderful results. (James 5:14-16)

His surgery has to go well. He has a busy croquet schedule coming up. Where else are those old folks going to find a good croquet official?

JugglingReferee Thu Apr 19, 2012 07:27am

Mi Sheberakh
Avoteinu: Avraham, Yitzhak, v'Yaakov,
v'Imoteinu: Sarah, Rivka, Rachel v'Leah,
Hu yivarekh virapei.

ref3808 Thu Apr 19, 2012 07:34am

Here's hoping that Mark recovers and is able to continue and that he feels the support of all on this board.

Welpe Thu Apr 19, 2012 07:47am

Mark, prayers and wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Make sure you ask the doctor if he knows the first rule of medicine. :D

JetMetFan Thu Apr 19, 2012 08:02am

Good luck, Mark.

You couldn't have found a better way to spend the offseason? :)

Welpe Thu Apr 19, 2012 08:06am

This isn't the off season for him, he's usually working 30-40 youth games a day on the weekend this time of year.

rockyroad Thu Apr 19, 2012 09:03am

Good luck, Mark...praying that everything goes well and your recovery is speedy.

cmathews Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:08am

good luck

Good luck Mark, hope all goes well. If it is indeed knee surgery, 2 fake knees later I am back on the field and the court....better than before

justacoach Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 838020)
Mi Sheberakh
Avoteinu: Avraham, Yitzhak, v'Yaakov,
v'Imoteinu: Sarah, Rivka, Rachel v'Leah,
Hu yivarekh virapei.

Amen...good luck Mark

Rob1968 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:22am

Minds and hearts united

We are united in faith, trusting in the Lord, to bless you and your physicians, that all will go well. May your surgery be successful, and your recovery be quick and complete, that our fellowship may continue.

BigT Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:45am

Get Well

You will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Mark Padgett Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:12am

First of all, thanks to all of you for your comments. I really appreciate it. For those of you who know something about this stuff, the operation is to replace one of my heart valves. It's called aortic stenosis (sp?). I'm probably having the surgery in about five weeks but I have to "take it easy" until then, which means no running around a court. In fact, two days ago I had to go to the ER with chest pains and shortness of breath.

Whether or not I'll ever be able to return to officiating remains to be seen. Sometimes it's possible, sometimes not. Recovery time varies, but I know I won't be allowed to drive a car for two months. The only good thing about this is that my wife works at home and will be able to look after me.

Now if I could only win the lottery, I could pay for the hospital bills.

I'll try to stick my head on the board from time to time just to keep up on what's going on.