The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   How's this for a career night? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/90420-hows-career-night.html)

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Apr 04, 2012 07:59pm

How's this for a career night?

Came across this article just now:

Player scores 113 points in game | Yardbarker.com

MTD, Sr.

BillyMac Thu Apr 05, 2012 05:49am

Thanks For The Memories ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 835794)
How's this for a career night?

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.: From the title of your thread, with your name underneath the title, I thought that you were finally retiring. After all, it's long overdue, isn't it?

grunewar Thu Apr 05, 2012 08:50am

"Akkari was on fire all night. He shot 40 for 69, including 32 of 59 from three-point land. Before this game, he was only averaging 7.6 points per game. To say his shooting performance was unexpected is a bit of an understatement."

Holy Jeremy Lin flash in the pan, what now Batman? :p

BktBallRef Thu Apr 05, 2012 07:33pm

"I would never expect a guy averaging single digits in points to go off for 113."

I would never expect a player who averages 7.6 ppg to shoot the ball 69 times.

"It’s not like he was jacking up shots, either. 40 for 69 is a very respectable shooting percentage."

There's nothing respectable about shooting the ball 69 times.

Good grief.

Camron Rust Thu Apr 05, 2012 07:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 835966)
"It’s not like he was jacking up shots, either. 40 for 69 is a very respectable shooting percentage."

Good grief.

Why not?

He shot 54% from 3-point range (32 of 59)...and 80% from 2-point range (8 of 10). Those are incredible numbers.

If he's shooting the lights out, his team would be derelict if they didn't get him the ball to keep shooting....regardless of his normal shooting percentage or points per game.

It would be different if he shot 69 times but only made 15 of them.

APG Thu Apr 05, 2012 07:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 835966)
"I would never expect a guy averaging single digits in points to go off for 113."

I would never expect a player who averages 7.6 ppg to shoot the ball 69 times.

Good grief.

More respectable than losing a game because a player stopped shooting the ball (when he was on fire) because he passed some field goal attempt threshold.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Thu Apr 05, 2012 09:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 835970)
It would be different if he shot 69 times but only made 15 of them.

Camron:

You mean like Kobe? :D

MTD, Sr.

P.S. Actually, I didn't mean to diss Kobe, because he is one heck of a player who wants the ball like Michael (unlike a certain NE Ohio baskeball player who took his talents to South Beach). Kobe gives 100% at both ends of the court for 48 minautes everynight.