The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Pushes/Hooks (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/90303-pushes-hooks.html)

7IronRef Thu Mar 29, 2012 05:56pm

Pushes/Hooks

Found a video that demonstrates the importance of reducing pushes/hooks in your game. Enjoy :D

SOrry for the advertisement at the beginning, its short tho

JRutledge Thu Mar 29, 2012 06:08pm

The link doesn't work.

Peace

7IronRef Thu Mar 29, 2012 06:11pm

please try again.... fixed it

JRutledge Thu Mar 29, 2012 06:17pm

OK, what does this have to do with basketball?

Peace

7IronRef Thu Mar 29, 2012 06:32pm

what does the baseball thread have to do with basketball?

figured that for those of us who golf it would be useful

JRutledge Thu Mar 29, 2012 06:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7IronRef (Post 834829)
what does the baseball thread have to do with basketball?

figured that for those of us who golf it would be useful

Not everyone plays golf here I am sure. And people here do say something about those threads as well. I guess I thought this had something to do with basketball and it was a waste of time to watch.

Peace

Bad Zebra Thu Mar 29, 2012 07:47pm

Eh...it has nothing to do with basketball but I can always use a golf tip. I'd prefer a video that addresses fades and slices though.

7IronRef Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 834834)
Not everyone plays golf here I am sure. And people here do say something about those threads as well. I guess I thought this had something to do with basketball and it was a waste of time to watch.

Peace

Not everyone here follows baseball either, come on JRut lighten up. There are times when you have posts that have nothing to do with basketball when people were expecting otherwise. Sorry that you couldn't afford the 40 seconds to watch it, hope it didn't make you too tired to post something elsewhere.

It was for entertainment purposes (as is this post)

There are plenty of topics posted that are misleading and are considered a waste of time, but most people move on without comment. Unless you are trying to build up your post count, you could have done the same.

Perhaps it should have said OT - pushes/hooks?

JRutledge Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7IronRef (Post 834858)
Not everyone here follows baseball either, come on JRut lighten up. There are times when you have posts that have nothing to do with basketball when people were expecting otherwise. Sorry that you couldn't afford the 40 seconds to watch it, hope it didn't make you too tired to post something elsewhere.

It was for entertainment purposes (as is this post)

There are plenty of topics posted that are misleading and are considered a waste of time, but most people move on without comment. Unless you are trying to build up your post count, you could have done the same.

Perhaps it should have said OT - pushes/hooks?

I did not bring up the baseball thread and if you have paid attention I said something about that too. And I almost never participate as well because I am not a big baseball day to day fan. So please stop being so sensitive.

Please find posts where I say anything not related to basketball or start threads that have nothing to do with basketball here. Not something I do and not something I support others doing as a general rule. Again, if you are going to make this about me at least have your facts together. If you read this site enough you will realize I very seldom even start a topic and when I do it is about basketball.

If you did not want people to say anything to you then why did you post it here? I certainly am not the only person or the most vocal that is often tired of OT posts that have nothing to do with the focus of this particular section of this site. Again, if you did not want comments, why did you post it here?

Peace

just another ref Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 834834)

Peace

Did you watch the whole thing?

JRutledge Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 834860)
Did you watch the whole thing?

Nope.

Peace

7IronRef Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 834859)
I did not bring up the baseball thread and if you have paid attention I said something about that too. And I almost never participate as well because I am not a big baseball day to day fan. So please stop being so sensitive.

Please find posts where I say anything not related to basketball or start threads that have nothing to do with basketball here. Not something I do and not something I support others doing as a general rule. Again, if you are going to make this about me at least have your facts together. If you read this site enough you will realize I very seldom even start a topic and when I do it is about basketball.

If you did not want people to say anything to you then why did you post it here? I certainly am not the only person or the most vocal that is often tired of OT posts that have nothing to do with the focus of this particular section of this site. Again, if you did not want comments, why did you post it here?

Peace

When MLB will cut about 4 teams and play about 20 fewer games and start in May, I might care about baseball this early in the year.

Like you heard me say on another forum, "Talk to me in June."

Peace

Didn't take me long to find one, not sure how this post is related to hoops, but I am sure you will be able to justify it.

I expected some replies, more to find out about other interests of my fellow officials (so in a way it is basketball related). Yes it was disguised as a serious basketball thread, but again it was for FUN. So it is not your thing, fine. There are others who get the play on words.

just another ref Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 834859)
Please find posts where I say anything not related to basketball or start threads that have nothing to do with basketball here. Not something I do....

http://forum.officiating.com/basketb...-official.html

http://forum.officiating.com/basketb...-watching.html

Hey, he said please.

APG Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:55pm

I know I was mislead by the title of the thread...

If you post OT thread...especially if you don't warn people in the title...be prepared for some to comment on the fact.

7IronRef Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:14am

Thanks, and I did acknowledge OT would have helped

Just a little tired of some of the sanctimonious statements that some like to make.