The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Duke fanboy thread (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/89928-duke-fanboy-thread.html)

26 Year Gap Fri Mar 16, 2012 09:00pm

Duke fanboy thread

This oughtta be good.

BktBallRef Fri Mar 16, 2012 09:01pm

Lehigh = Dooklow

grunewar Fri Mar 16, 2012 09:04pm

They was wronged. The refs hate coach k. Every call went against them. Blah, blah, blah......

Rich Fri Mar 16, 2012 09:09pm

Sha-bye-bye, sha-rat-ski!

26 Year Gap Fri Mar 16, 2012 09:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 832515)
Lehigh > Dooklow

Fixed it for ya. NC.

fiasco Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:19pm

What should be good?

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:51pm

I am a Duke (I had a H.S. teammate start three years at Duke) fan after Kansas (my dear mother's alma mater). But the Blue Devils just got out played tonight and boy does Doc Rivers' son travel each and every time when he catches a pass coming off a screen in the front court.

MTD, Sr.

BktBallRef Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 832582)
...boy does Doc Rivers' son travel each and every time when he catches a pass coming off a screen in the front court.

If that's a question, the answer is YES HE DOES, EVERYTIME!

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 832596)
If that's a question, the answer is YES HE DOES, EVERYTIME!

I was making a statement of fact.

MTD, Sr.

icallfouls Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:24am

Lehighs guards looked faster than dukies, how can that be? duke always has superior talent ans when they don't coach k can abuse the refs into the appropriate correct calls

just another ref Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:29am

Quote:

.........boy does Doc Rivers' son travel each and every time when he catches a pass coming off a screen in the front court.

MTD, Sr.

Agreed. And some other times as well. I thought the Lehigh big guy committed a pretty obvious travel on the final breakaway in the last minute.

It's just not called at this level.

Nevadaref Sat Mar 17, 2012 04:00am

How about the MASSIVE flop by the Duke 3-pt shooter with under a minute to go, which the official bought and awarded 3 FTs?!!!
Let's get APG to post video of that shameful act.

Bad Zebra Sat Mar 17, 2012 04:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 832617)
How about the MASSIVE flop by the Duke 3-pt shooter with under a minute to go, which the official bought and awarded 3 FTs?!!!

Saw it live and thought the same thing. Looked REALLY bad. Anybody know who the official was that bought into that performance? IIRC, Rivers was the flopper.

grunewar Sat Mar 17, 2012 06:19am

Quote:

boy does Doc Rivers' son travel each and every time when he catches a pass coming off a screen in the front court.

There was a video of this happening about ten times in one game earlier in the yr - unreal........

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 832609)
I thought the Lehigh big guy committed a pretty obvious travel on the final breakaway in the last minute.

Thought so too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 832617)

Agreed! Airborne shooter? It was a "nudge" at best. Looked like he barely touched him (from my couch anyway).

26 Year Gap Sat Mar 17, 2012 07:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Zebra (Post 832621)
Saw it live and thought the same thing. Looked REALLY bad. Anybody know who the official was that bought into that performance? IIRC, Rivers was the flopper.

That was a no doubter. Defender NEVER left his position and contact was all on Rivers.