The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Trapezoid lane in HS (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/8984-trapezoid-lane-hs.html)

ref5678 Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:32pm

Now that the NCAA has adopted the new lane for the 2004-2005 season do you think that the NFHS will ever adopt it. What are your thoughts of the international lane. Do you think it would be appropriate for high school play.

Mark Padgett Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:47am

First of all, it looks like it was painted on by someone with an astigmatism.

Second, with budgets the way they are, you can't expect school districts to shell out money to repaint their gym floors.

Third - IT'S EURO!!!! That means it sucks.

ref5678 Sat Jun 14, 2003 09:37am

3 good points again mark

WindyCityRef Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:23am

Oh Brother, looks like the NCAA has it's head up it's ...

ref5678 Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:31am

wouldnt be the first time

Mark Dexter Sat Jun 14, 2003 02:30pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
First of all, it looks like it was painted on by someone with an astigmatism.

Second, with budgets the way they are, you can't expect school districts to shell out money to repaint their gym floors.

Third - IT'S EURO!!!! That means it sucks.

With the change in the lane, are they going to change the three second rule to three metric seconds?? :confused:

Mark Padgett Sat Jun 14, 2003 07:03pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Dexter

With the change in the lane, are they going to change the three second rule to three metric seconds?? :confused:

No, but we'll have to count in dog years.

Mark Dexter Sat Jun 14, 2003 08:49pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Quote:

Isn't that how Chuck counts now???

Quote:

One.

Man, am I hungry. I could go for a nice slice right now. Or maybe Slider will send me a Krispy Kreme. Mmmmmmm. Doughnuts. Man, that Homer Simpson cracks me up. I wonder what it's really like to work in a nuclear power plant. . .

Two.

Is that cheerleader looking at me? I think she's looking at me!! Nope. Darn, she's looking at the point guard camped in the lane. Camped in the lane? Oh, yeah. . . Where was I?

Two-and-a-half.

"Blue. Clear the lane!"

Yawn. Scratch. Adjust pants.

"Blue! Get outta there!"

WWMTDSD? (What would Mark T. DeNucci, Sr do?)

Doggone it!!

Three!! TWEET!

Bobby Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:36pm

I say it will come in 2004-05, and even better, this should be a big change for the game. No more hogs in the lane, it would become a more team oriented, passing and shooting game where skill wins over big men. It could go down to the smaller players becoming more oriented.

Mark Padgett Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:46pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Bobby
I say it will come in 2004-05, and even better, this should be a big change for the game. No more hogs in the lane, it would become a more team oriented, passing and shooting game where skill wins over big men. It could go down to the smaller players becoming more oriented.
No way. Not in my state. With teachers being laid off and classroom sizes exploding, the person who tells a school district here that they have to spend money repainting their gym floor will be drawn and quartered - or worse! http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/bricks1.gif

canuckrefguy Wed Jul 16, 2003 01:27am

Quote:

Originally posted by Bobby I say it will come in 2004-05, and even better, this should be a big change for the game. No more hogs in the lane, it would become a more team oriented, passing and shooting game where skill wins over big men. It could go down to the smaller players becoming more oriented.
There is absolutely NO evidence that this is true. I said it in the other thread, FIBA basketball is just as rough, or rougher than any grudge-match NBA wrestling display you'll ever see.

Cutting down rough play has nothing to do with the lines on the court. It has to do with how officials call fouls. That's why it's such a tough area to address.

BktBallRef Wed Jul 16, 2003 08:28am

Quote:

Originally posted by canuckrefguy
There is absolutely NO evidence that this is true. I said it in the other thread, FIBA basketball is just as rough, or rougher than any grudge-match NBA wrestling display you'll ever see.

Cutting down rough play has nothing to do with the lines on the court. It has to do with how officials call fouls. That's why it's such a tough area to address.

Now there's a Canadian who knows what he's talking about!! :)

sj Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:17am

How do these things work? Is it something the coaches want?

ChuckElias Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:24am

Quote:

Quote:

WOW! Somebody actually went back a year to dredge up one of my old posts?!?! I'm flattered! JR, does that mean I get to include that one in my book of greatest posts?

Dan_ref Wed Jul 16, 2003 02:22pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Quote:

WOW! Somebody actually went back a year to dredge up one of my old posts?!?! I'm flattered! JR, does that mean I get to include that one in my book of greatest posts?

Hmmmm....somehow "dredged up" and "Chuck's posts" seem to fit so well together...