The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Call Decides Harvard-Penn game (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/89495-call-decides-harvard-penn-game.html)

SCalScoreKeeper Sun Feb 26, 2012 01:27pm

I too had a relatively easy charge call!

Raymond Sun Feb 26, 2012 02:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7IronRef (Post 827881)
i thought harvard players and fans were smarter than that :D

Amaker and the culprit seemed to realize it was the correct call, so I give credit to the players. Fans? They're stupid no matter how smart they are. :cool:

JRutledge Sun Feb 26, 2012 02:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 827901)
Amaker and the culprit seemed to realize it was the correct call, so I give credit to the players. Fans? They're stupid no matter how smart they are. :cool:

One of the biggest myths is that Ivy League students are smarter than everyone. ;)

Peace

JugglingReferee Sun Feb 26, 2012 03:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 827806)
#1, the call didn't decide the game.

#2, it's a great call.

#3, it wasn't that difficult of a call IMO.

This pretty much sums it up.

Adam Sun Feb 26, 2012 03:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 827904)
One of the biggest myths is that Ivy League students are smarter than everyone. ;)

Peace

Well apparently at least one is smart enough to upload video to our site.

Jay R Sun Feb 26, 2012 04:13pm

Since this call decided the game, the officials must be happy they got it right.

APG Sun Feb 26, 2012 04:18pm

Nothing real tough about this play...pretty easy charge call.

BillyMac Sun Feb 26, 2012 04:57pm

Agree ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lipscomb (Post 827921)
Nothing real tough about this play...pretty easy charge call.

Ordinary garden variety charge.

P.S. I started my impatiens seeds under lights, and over warming mats in my basement today. Spring is right around the corner. And If we ever legalize medical marijuana here in the Land of Steady Habits, I'm ready to open up my own personal pharmacy. Does it work with old, "beat up" ankles, and knees? How about it Mark Padgett? You must know some tree hugging, pot smoking, hippies in the "Beaver State? Oregon was recently named one of the favorite states of liberals. Surprised?

http://blogs.wpri.com/2012/02/23/pol...cans-not-sure/

fiasco Sun Feb 26, 2012 05:00pm

Worst thread title ever.

26 Year Gap Sun Feb 26, 2012 05:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay R (Post 827918)
Since this call "decided" the game, the officials must be happy they got it right.

Fixed it for ya. No charge.:D

APG Sun Feb 26, 2012 05:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 827940)
Ordinary garden variety charge.

P.S. I started my impatiens seeds under lights, and over warming mats in my basement today. Spring is right around the corner. And If we ever legalize medical marijuana here in the Land of Steady Habits, I'm ready to open up my own personal pharmacy. Does it work with old, "beat up" ankles, and knees? How about it Mark Padgett? You must know some tree hugging, pot smoking, hippies in the "Beaver State? Oregon was recently named one of the favorite states of liberals. Surprised?

http://blogs.wpri.com/2012/02/23/pol...cans-not-sure/

What in the blue hell are you talking about Billy? :confused:

JRutledge Sun Feb 26, 2012 05:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 827945)
What in the blue hell are you talking about Billy? :confused:

I say that most of the time he posts. ;)

Peace

BillyMac Sun Feb 26, 2012 05:57pm

Springtime For BillyMac In Connecticut ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 827945)
What in the blue hell are you talking about Billy?

The "ordinary garden variety" charge call reminded me that spring is right around the corner. My impatiens go in the ground in about ten weeks. It's the most wonderful time of the year. And AllPurposeGamer is corect. Connecticut is one of the the bluest of the blue states. We even have "Blue Laws".

JRutledge Sun Feb 26, 2012 05:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 827950)
The "ordinary garden variety" charge call reminded me that spring is right around the corner. My impatiens go in the ground in about ten weeks. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Are you sure you have not been "smoking" that lately?

Peace

BillyMac Sun Feb 26, 2012 06:02pm

Governor Mary Jane Malloy ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 827951)
Are you sure you have not been "smoking" that lately?

Surprisingly, medical marijuana not yet legal in Connecticut. Our state legislator is looking at this right now, and our governor says that he will sign the bill if it's put in front of him. And I was wrong in my previous post. The beginning of basketball season is the most wonderful time of the year. Getting ready to put in my vegetable, and flower, garden is the second most wonderful time of the year.