The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 09, 2012, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

KU at Baylor Bi-Annual Report (soon to be annual)

The SamIAms had a nice time and enjoyed the game with the good guys winning. 3 notes from the game.

1) Near the beginning of 2nd half. Baylor player gains control of the ball on the floor and gets up with the ball. No travel call. Big screen replay sure looked to confirm. Did anyone see this from home?

2) Two block calls on screens compared to screens with no block calls kept me from understanding the criteria. The no call screens looked to have more leaning and leg out issues than the two screens with block calls.

3) I was hoping for an incident with KU improperly inbounding after a made basket. That would have made three KU at Baylor games in a row of KU being instructed to to re-inbound after stepping over the endline. Unfortunately, that unusual streak ended at 2.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2012, 06:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
The SamIAms had a nice time and enjoyed the game with the good guys winning. 3 notes from the game.

1) Near the beginning of 2nd half. Baylor player gains control of the ball on the floor and gets up with the ball. No travel call. Big screen replay sure looked to confirm. Did anyone see this from home?

2) Two block calls on screens compared to screens with no block calls kept me from understanding the criteria. The no call screens looked to have more leaning and leg out issues than the two screens with block calls.

3) I was hoping for an incident with KU improperly inbounding after a made basket. That would have made three KU at Baylor games in a row of KU being instructed to to re-inbound after stepping over the endline. Unfortunately, that unusual streak ended at 2.
I could only find play #1 (29 seconds into the 2nd half). ESPN showed two replays and it looked as though Baylor #55 a started a dribble while he was on the floor. They had overhead and end zone angles.
Old Fri Feb 10, 2012, 11:41am
Administrator

I just want to say one thing:

Rock!! Chalk!! Jayhawk!! KUUUUU!!

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri Feb 10, 2012, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
I just want to say one thing:

Rock!! Chalk!! Jayhawk!! KUUUUU!!

MTD, Sr.
From Wikipedia -
U.S. president Theodore Roosevelt called it the greatest college chant he had ever heard. Kansas troops have used it in the Philippine-American War in 1899, the Boxer Rebellion, and World War II.[4]

In the 1920 Summer Olympics, Albert I of Belgium asked for a typical American college yell, and gathered athletes replied with the chant.[4]