The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 18, 2003, 07:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
I know you aint from Detroit, and I aint from Joisey, but we should bet on the outcome of the series. Waddaya say? I'm thinking if Detroit wins you can firebomb my house, if Joisey wins I'll dump all sorts of industrial pollutants in your backyard, maybe cover it over with a turnpike. Gotta bet?
Old Sun May 18, 2003, 10:12pm
In Memoriam

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
I know you aint from Detroit, and I aint from Joisey, but we should bet on the outcome of the series. Waddaya say? I'm thinking if Detroit wins you can firebomb my house, if Joisey wins I'll dump all sorts of industrial pollutants in your backyard, maybe cover it over with a turnpike. Gotta bet?
Sparky,
Before I came U.P. I lived an hour outa Detroit, so I am kinda related to Motown.
Michigan is trying to get outa the garbage-importing deal with Canada. If they fix that maybe that'll work.
Today, I was working an American Legion DH and totally missed Detroit's home loss, but I did get to call two infield flys.
mick

Old Mon May 19, 2003, 07:29am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
but I did get to call two infield flys.
Did you see the MLB game last week in which, with the bases loaded, the batter hit an infield fly right in front of home plate? The batter was called out, and the fielder let it drop. Then seeing that the runner from third was headed home, the fielder picked up the ball and stepped on the plate, intending to force the runner at home. Runner touched home, the ump signalled safe, and the fielder couldn't believe it. Pretty funny.

Chuck
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 08:39am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Did you see the MLB game last week in which, with the bases loaded, the batter hit an infield fly right in front of home plate? The batter was called out, and the fielder let it drop. Then seeing that the runner from third was headed home, the fielder picked up the ball and stepped on the plate, intending to force the runner at home. Runner touched home, the ump signalled safe, and the fielder couldn't believe it. Pretty funny.

Chuck
Yeah, that was pretty silly.
...Brain cramp.
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 09:01am
Official Forum Member

The best part of that was when Robinson came out of the dugout to tell his players to quit arguing because it was a good call it was them that had %&#&$* (messed) up the play
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 09:27am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Quote:

Chuck
You know, I missed that one. But I did see the Boston-Anaheim game where to BoSox outfielder thought his catch was the third out and tossed it to a fan. Now that was pretty funny!
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
You know, I missed that one. But I did see the Boston-Anaheim game where to BoSox outfielder thought his catch was the third out and tossed it to a fan. Now that was pretty funny!
Typical Red Sox play!
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Typical Red Sox play!
If it were, would the Sox be tied for first in the division? Tied for the second best record in baseball? Going into the first "big" series of the season?

He was just trying to be a nice guy. Everybody throws the ball to the stands now, and he just had a brain cramp. He's not the first guy to do it either. Trot is a genuinely decent guy, from everything I've seen and read. Yes, it was stupid, but not typical.

Gonna be a fun series, huh, Dan?
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Gonna be a fun series, huh, Dan?
Not the way they've been playing lately it won't.

Maybe Jeter can break something else?

(BTW, you guys have hijacked my thread! I wanted to discuss the various merits of Detroit vs New Jersey, and here we are banging away at the Red Sox!)
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 12:50pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
[i]
(BTW, you guys have hijacked my thread! I wanted to discuss the various merits of Detroit vs New Jersey, and here we are banging away at the Red Sox!) [/B]
Well, when Detroit manages to score more than 2 baskets in the fourth quarter, and Joisey doesn't have to rely on a last second shot to beat the team who can only score 2 baskets in the quarter, well, maybe then it will be more fun to talk about that series than the BoSox...
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Quote:
(BTW, you guys have hijacked my thread! I wanted to discuss the various merits of Detroit vs New Jersey, and here we are banging away at the Red Sox!)
Well, when Detroit manages to score more than 2 baskets in the fourth quarter, and Joisey doesn't have to rely on a last second shot to beat the team who can only score 2 baskets in the quarter, well, maybe then it will be more fun to talk about that series than the BoSox... [/B]
Which leads us off in another direction: where are all the "conspiracy theorists" now that Dallas, NJ, Detroit & San Antonio are left standing? Only NJ can be considered close to a media center, but most people do not associate them with the NY market.
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 06:55pm
Official Forum Member

What the heck happened?!?!?! I read my daughter her bedtime story, tuck her in, kiss her goodnight, and it's 5-1 after 1?!?! Good grief. And Nomar was NOT out on his way to second!
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 08:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
What the heck happened?!?!?! I read my daughter her bedtime story, tuck her in, kiss her goodnight, and it's 5-1 after 1?!?! Good grief. And Nomar was NOT out on his way to second!
Chuck, I think you are failing to grasp a fundemental concept: if the umpire says yer out, you're, well, out.
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Typical Red Sox play!
If it were, would the Sox be tied for first in the division? Tied for the second best record in baseball? Going into the first "big" series of the season?
Yes, it is very typical of the Bosox to be in first place, IN MAY!!!
Old Mon May 19, 2003, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Typical Red Sox play!
Yes, it is very typical of the Bosox to be in first place, IN MAY!!!
Not to worry, that's been taken care of.