The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 01, 2012, 12:53am
Get away from me, Steve.

My night in GIGDGO-land

Based on past history, I knew tonight had the potential of being a long night. I joked with my partner that the odds were good that both coaches would end up seatbelted before the night was over. I was right.

It started early on -- the home team struggled getting the ball across the division line. I had 2 10-second violations in the first 4 minutes of the game. On the second one, the home coach started yelling, "That was SIX! That wasn't TEN! Blah Blah Blah Blah." I went over to him and told him that under no uncertain terms would he continue to yell across the floor at us this evening. He seemed mad at me because I dared tell him. He barely avoided getting whacked at this point. It was a matter of time, though.

That lasted until the second quarter. Their players had this annoying habit of ignoring the ball after an opponent made basket when it was laying right next to them. Well, we did what we're supposed to do -- start counting. Well, the coach didn't like that, he said something to my partner, and we shot some free throws.

In the fourth quarter, a visiting team player threw up a corner three and then tried to throw herself on the floor. I was the lead taking the player back down. The coach loudly asked if we decided to stop calling fouls cause it's late in the game. Then we shot more free throws.

With a minute left, a player who'd been a pain all night ended up on the floor with the ball and my partner asked her for it. She faked rolling it to him, laid it on the floor next to her, and ran down the floor. Whack.

Tonight made me realize that maybe I'd be happier with fewer, higher quality games. Ironic thing is that I could've worked about 4 higher-quality games (at least 2 of them 3-person) closer to home tonight, but I was stuck with this cause it was already on the schedule.
Old Wed Feb 01, 2012, 05:15am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I had an EZ game last night. Two time defending state champ against a not so good team. Clean game. R didn't call our first foul until almost five minutes in. Neither half went to one-and-one. Coaches, coaching. Players, playing. Good P's. A little over an hr and we were out there. Enjoyable.
Old Wed Feb 01, 2012, 09:22pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
I had an EZ game last night. Two time defending state champ against a not so good team. Clean game. R didn't call our first foul until almost five minutes in. Neither half went to one-and-one. Coaches, coaching. Players, playing. Good P's. A little over an hr and we were out there. Enjoyable.
And then the alarm clock went off.
Old Wed Feb 01, 2012, 09:28pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Dreaming or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
And then the alarm clock went off.
Say what you will. I still get a game check!