The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Season Rapidly Coming to a Close (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/86859-season-rapidly-coming-close.html)

26 Year Gap Sat Jan 28, 2012 06:17pm

Season Rapidly Coming to a Close

Next week probably is the last week of my season. Went by pretty quick. Having a district playoff game is a nice way for it to wrap up.

icallfouls Sat Jan 28, 2012 06:25pm

Always...

seems to come too soon....congrats on the playoff game

jdw3018 Sat Jan 28, 2012 06:39pm

Congrats on the playoff game. We've got two more weeks before playoffs start. Hard to believe we're there already.

VTOfficial Sat Jan 28, 2012 07:12pm

End of season the first week of February?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 817569)
Next week probably is the last week of my season. Went by pretty quick. Having a district playoff game is a nice way for it to wrap up.

Wow, up here in VT, we are having our mid-season meeting tomorrow morning and the last week of the regular season isn't until the first week of March. We are still in full swing.

Maybe you could come up for the next 5 weeks and extend your season? Maybe you could come in on a transfer program? It has been unseasonably mild so far. Hard to believe it's almost February and the ground is bare in the valley!!

Welpe Sat Jan 28, 2012 07:27pm

I have two dates next week and then I'm done. Season went quick but it was a good one.

SCalScoreKeeper Sat Jan 28, 2012 07:30pm

I'm done on February 9-no playoffs for my school this year unfortunately.

grunewar Sat Jan 28, 2012 09:41pm

Agree, too quick......

Like apparently several others, my scholastic season only has two more weeks to go.

Thankfully, I go well into March with some pretty decent Rec Leagues......

Side note - had a kid apparently break his wrist in a game today. Sad. :(

JRutledge Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 817569)

I literally have a month left. I have at least 13 games left and that does not include the playoffs or regional games left and possibly further as I have had the last three years. Of course this is with what whether could bring or other changes so the total could change.

Peace

Rich Sun Jan 29, 2012 01:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 817645)
I literally have a month left. I have at least 13 games left and that does not include the playoffs or regional games left and possibly further as I have had the last three years. Of course this is with what whether could bring or other changes so the total could change.

Peace

I've got 18 regular season games left. Last one is on March 1. Today was game 38. For me, 56 games is a huge number since I only work school ball (varsity and junior college).

Moosie74 Tue Jan 31, 2012 09:46am

Other than a possible late addition my first year came to a close yesterday after a girls double header.

I had a really good time, my first game I was the clueless rookie, yesterday I was in decent position to get the calls, arm up at the right time, whistles, reporting of fouls was a lot slower, I've managed to put up 5 player control fouls and call them properly.

I struggled for awhile with out of bounds calls not so much for positioning but in focusing on who caused it to go out, I got comfortable and started announcing more definitively the possession and that eliminated any of the early difficulties.

I had that scenario yesterday on a sideline call. Ball went out off White and I called Red ball, White coach says I don't think you're right but you sure were strong it what you called, that's all I want.

And losing 15 pounds and having to buy new pants for season 2 is a nice side benefit!

26 Year Gap Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51pm

new addition

Just received a boys district game for Monday. So, the season is not quite over.

JRutledge Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 818826)
Just received a boys district game for Monday. So, the season is not quite over.

Congrats!!!

Peace

Terrapins Fan Wed Feb 01, 2012 09:52am

I am schedule till Feb. 24th at this point. Not sure about play-offs yet.

Bad Zebra Wed Feb 01, 2012 09:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 818826)

Finally got the call tonight...district semi and a district final next week...4a and 5a boys. So it's at least one more week locally for me and then possibly a road show on the way to State.

Freddy Wed Feb 01, 2012 09:54pm

Does It Ever Really End???

Eight games to go in regular season...post-season tourney assignments came out today and look great...sending in deposit fees for two summer camps tomorrow. :)
"All my life's a circle..." - Harry Chapin