The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Rookiedude - Followup Question (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/86634-rookiedude-followup-question.html)

rockyroad Wed Jan 25, 2012 02:57pm

Rookiedude - Followup Question

So Mr. Rookiedude...any follow up info on the Connell kids in that wonderful video we all saw and posted about? The school or league do anything? The kid still playing? Still playing like "that?" Inquiring minds want to know!:)

RookieDude Wed Jan 25, 2012 03:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 816637)
So Mr. Rookiedude...any follow up info on the Connell kids in that wonderful video we all saw and posted about? The school or league do anything? The kid still playing? Still playing like "that?" Inquiring minds want to know!:)

rocky...you can call me Dan...;)

I was suppose to have Connell last night...but, had to do a "make-up game" from Friday night instead. (Friday was a "snow day" around here)

Sooooo, I can't really say how the Connell kids are playing now...although I did hear that the kid, "34", is back and playing. I did hear that the kid had to move out of his home, for awhile, becuase he was supposedly getting "death threats".

We have a meeting tonight...maybe I will hear more then.

CHSeagle may be able to give more insight.

IUgrad92 Wed Jan 25, 2012 03:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 816637)

I've heard that the kid hasn't played since the video went viral. Not sure if it was his own decision, the coach's, or whoever.

Neither team has sent a complaint to the WIAA concerning the game. Also, neither team has offered to send the game tape to the WIAA for review.

Again, just what I've heard.

bainsey Wed Jan 25, 2012 03:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieDude (Post 816639)
I did hear that the kid had to move out of his home, for awhile, becuase he was supposedly getting "death threats".

I don't care how hard the foul is. No kid deserves that.

RookieDude Wed Jan 25, 2012 03:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bainsey (Post 816641)
I don't care how hard the foul is. No kid deserves that.

...that is correct.

Mark Padgett Wed Jan 25, 2012 04:02pm

Ya' know - that school is located not too far from the Hanford nuclear waste dump. Maybe that has something to do with their behavior. :eek:

RookieDude Wed Jan 25, 2012 04:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 816650)
Ya' know - that school is located not too far from the Hanford nuclear waste dump. Maybe that has something to do with their behavior. :eek:

:D...I'm actually on that Hanford Reservation right now!

FWIW...it isn't really a "nuclear waste dump"...it just HAS nuclear waste, among other things.

Such as...our Nuclear Power Plant that generates enough electricity to power all the homes in Seattle, a vitrivacation plant (being built) that will "glassify" a whole lot of nuclear waste for easier storage, and an historic N reactor that helped develope the Atomic Bomb so that we could end WWll....among other test facilities.

...so there.;)

rockyroad Wed Jan 25, 2012 06:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieDude (Post 816639)
rocky...you can call me Dan...;)

I was suppose to have Connell last night...but, had to do a "make-up game" from Friday night instead. (Friday was a "snow day" around here)

Sooooo, I can't really say how the Connell kids are playing now...although I did hear that the kid, "34", is back and playing. I did hear that the kid had to move out of his home, for awhile, becuase he was supposedly getting "death threats".

We have a meeting tonight...maybe I will hear more then.

CHSeagle may be able to give more insight.

Dan, (and you can call me DJ)

We have actually met several times over the years.

Thanks for the update. I am actually glad to hear the kid is back playing. One game does not make a career.