The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   New rule (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/8651-new-rule.html)

Hawks Coach Fri May 16, 2003 08:14am

Have you ever heard the phrase "can't buy a bucket?" Regional qualifier medal round game last night. We forced 35 turnovers, took 72 shots, all but 5 were in the paint, missed 52 (and 21 of 31 FTs), lost 55-50. In the second half, we forced over 20 turnovers and had only 3 team fouls with 3 minutes to play.

I propose a new rule where you can buy a bucket,one per foul up to 6 team fouls. That would have given us the 6 points we needed to win.

This is a capitalist society, so why can't you buy a bucket? :D

mick Fri May 16, 2003 08:30am

The rim was crooked.

Quote:

Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Have you ever heard the phrase "can't buy a bucket?" Regional qualifier medal round game last night. We forced 35 turnovers, took 72 shots, all but 5 were in the paint, missed 52 (and 21 of 31 FTs), lost 55-50. In the second half, we forced over 20 turnovers and had only 3 team fouls with 3 minutes to play.

I propose a new rule where you can buy a bucket,one per foul up to 6 team fouls. That would have given us the 6 points we needed to win.

It always works, for the teams that cannot buy that bucket, to get a layup. Fight, claw, charge, push... get that layup and the cellophane disappears.

Hawks Coach Fri May 16, 2003 09:41am

We did plently of clawing, scratching and everything else to get all of our shots next to the basket. Many missed layups,putbacks,drop step lay-ins, etc. We really only had about 5 shots beyond 8 feet. Starting power forward had everything inside the blocks and went 0-8. Normally scores 15 a game for me. Starting point guard missed three uncontested layups, two of which resulted in missed putbacks! Just one of those nights.

Mark Padgett Fri May 16, 2003 09:59am

Quote:

I always ask coaches before a game if they want to buy foul insurance.

rainmaker Fri May 16, 2003 10:07pm

Quote:

We did plently of clawing, scratching and everything else to get all of our shots next to the basket. Many missed layups,putbacks,drop step lay-ins, etc. We really only had about 5 shots beyond 8 feet. Starting power forward had everything inside the blocks and went 0-8. Normally scores 15 a game for me. Starting point guard missed three uncontested layups, two of which resulted in missed putbacks! Just one of those nights.
Coach, at the risk of sounding fulsome, I have to give a few little snaps here. This is really such a remarkably mature attitude, that it's hard to believe. This is the sort of thing that convinces me that Karma is not a true doctrine. If anyone deserves to win, you do, and yet you don't win. So I guess what goes around, doesn't really come around.

(And then I think about the Lakers losing, and I have second thoughts...)

justacoach Sat May 17, 2003 12:31am

Hawks Coach:
I can't seem to remember, are you in PVAAU or MD State??

Thanks

Hawks Coach Sat May 17, 2003 09:47pm

PVAAU

AK ref SE Tue May 20, 2003 05:03pm

Hawks Coach-
They were going to put the rule in place, but with the shrinking school budgets, they could not afford it!

dblref Wed May 21, 2003 05:24am

Hawks Coach: You guys doing anything this weekend in the Vogues Invitational?

Hawks Coach Wed May 21, 2003 06:47am

We're traveling to PA this weekend - Red Lion Flash Festival.