The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Down for a while (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/8533-down-while.html)

Ron Pilo Thu May 08, 2003 08:58am

Well all, After a year of running in pain I am taking the plunge and having that painful bone spur on my heel remove.
I will be in surgery at 3:00PM PDT tomorrow 5/9. On crutches for 3-4 weeks and then a walking cast for 4-6 more weeks. I don't look forward to the next couple of months, but I do look forward to next basketball season when I can run without pain.

I would appreciate all your happy thoughts and prayers for a quick and uneventful surgery and recovery.

I'll post next week and let you know how it went.

Dan_ref Thu May 08, 2003 09:05am

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Pilo
Well all, After a year of running in pain I am taking the plunge and having that painful bone spur on my heel remove.
I will be in surgery at 3:00PM PDT tomorrow 5/9. On crutches for 3-4 weeks and then a walking cast for 4-6 more weeks. I don't look forward to the next couple of months, but I do look forward to next basketball season when I can run without pain.

I would appreciate all your happy thoughts and prayers for a quick and uneventful surgery and recovery.

Ron, best of luck with the surgery & getting back to top form.

ChuckElias Thu May 08, 2003 09:11am

Best wishes, Ron. Hope it's smooth sailing for you.

rockyroad Thu May 08, 2003 09:32am

So I guess I won't have to compete with you at the Seattle Camp in July, huh??!!?? :) Sorry to hear about this Ron, but you have my prayers! Good luck.

mick Thu May 08, 2003 09:57am

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Pilo

Good luck, Ron.
<hr>
Wanna race on Saturday?

fletch_irwin_m Thu May 08, 2003 10:15am

Remeber Ron, you have the easy part during the surgery. You just lay there and go to sleep! DOn't think about the next 12 weeks!

NC_rec_ref Thu May 08, 2003 10:49am

Ron,
I had the same surgery 4 years ago. Worked like a charm.
Was off feet for weekend, on crutches for 2 weeks, walking crutches another week, and then walking normally. Was able to start running in 6-7 weeks.

Take the drugs they give you, don't go up and down stairs (rough on the keister as you shuffle Quasimodo like), keep foot elevated, and don't try to do too much too soon.

Absolutely NO pain now and the only things standing between me and a 150 lb marathoner are a 6 pack and 50 lbs. <g>

Best of luck,
Chris

cmathews Thu May 08, 2003 10:51am

ron,
good luck and godspeed

JustAFan Thu May 08, 2003 11:29am

Best of luck to you, Ron. I had the same thing done about 2 years ago and it was well worth it. I couldn't even walk without pain, much less run. Thinking about the surgery beforehand was a lot worse than the real deal.

We'll all be thinking about you!

Mark Padgett Thu May 08, 2003 12:37pm

Ron - I had a friend who had that same surgery right before he........... well, never mind.

Just kidding. Get well soon.

Back In The Saddle Fri May 09, 2003 01:33am

Good luck to you. And don't pass up the chance to let your wife wait on you hand and foot while you recover! ;)