The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Have any of you ever called... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/84996-have-any-you-ever-called.html)

Loudwhistle2 Fri Dec 23, 2011 07:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 807920)
Would have been a long and silent ride home.

Especially since they would be riding on the bus or in a taxi!

26 Year Gap Fri Dec 23, 2011 07:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 (Post 807937)
Especially since they would be riding on the bus or in a taxi!

One of them was under the bus.

gdudik Fri Dec 23, 2011 07:56pm

to say I would be pissed is an understatement. That is unbelievable.

fullor30 Fri Dec 23, 2011 08:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 807930)
Memories
Light the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

tomegun Fri Dec 23, 2011 08:19pm

I thought they were going to start fighting right there on the court. That is horrible.

deecee Fri Dec 23, 2011 08:37pm

At least there is video evidence if EVER to pull an official off a varsity list. This is not just a minor screw up but a pretty big one IMO.

BillyMac Fri Dec 23, 2011 08:54pm

Stay In Your Primary ???

Gee? Do you think he was reaching out of his primary?

zm1283 Fri Dec 23, 2011 09:04pm

OH. MY. GOD.

I am pretty nice even when partners screw up, but there might have been a fight in the locker room after this if I were the Trail. What a bozo.

Bad Zebra Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:02pm

That old war horse would have left the locker room with a new a** h*** when I was though with him. Absolutely NO EXCUSE for hanging your partner out like that. That's definitely That Guy. New addition to the scratch list.

cmhjordan23 Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:42pm

All I can say is WOW!

ga314ref Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:43pm

It looks pretty bad...

...and no one can defend the Ts actions, but the lead has about as slow a 5-second count as I've seen (but by my count, it still wasn't a 5-second violation). Also, if there are eight seconds left in a game at the beginning of the throw-in and the buzzer goes off while the administrating official is still counting (although that didn't happen here), that doesn't look so good either. It looks to me like someone was trying to get a point across, and didn't give a rip if they did it on a TV broadcast. That certainly must have been an interesting post-game meeting.

Adam Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga314ref (Post 807967)
...and no one can defend the Ts actions, but the lead has about as slow a 5-second count as I've seen (but by my count, it still wasn't a 5-second violation). Also, if there are eight seconds left in a game at the beginning of the throw-in and the buzzer goes off while the administrating official is still counting (although that didn't happen here), that doesn't look so good either. It looks to me like someone was trying to get a point across, and didn't give a rip if they did it on a TV broadcast. That certainly must have been an interesting post-game meeting.

Based on what? One freaking arm swing?

Watching the video, I barely got to three when she released the pass.

zm1283 Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga314ref (Post 807967)

Do you mean the Lead's actions?

BktBallRef Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:38am

Somebody would have had to pull me off him.

zm1283 Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 807977)
Somebody would have had to pull me off him.

Me too. This pisses me off the more I watch it. I would have told him on the court that I'm reporting him to the assignor, and I would have called the assignor the minute we got in the car.