The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 05, 2003, 05:37pm
Official Forum Member

has anyone ever attended this camp....i will going to it for the first time this year...Chose this one over Patty Broderick's camp. Any feedback would be appreciated...Thanks!!
Old Tue May 06, 2003, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigwhistle
If this is Bill Stokes' camp it is an excellent camp. He and Tommy S. do a good job. However, you need to understand going in that it is a "get hired" camp more than a total educational camp. The clinicians on the floors other than those with Bill will tell you what they are looking for instead of the laundry list of things you are doing wrong or need to improve. Also, since Stokes now has the SEC, it will be a much tougher nut to crack in order to get hired than when he was dealing with lesser conferences.
Old Tue May 06, 2003, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
I sent my registration in today for the Mid South Camp at UNC - Charlotte. There are about 1/2 dozen or so officials from our association going to that one. Most of us are going because we want to "get a look" at the next level. The conference people that will be there (ODAC, Dixie, Big South etc) are all in our area, so we go with high hopes and polished shoes. If I don't get picked up, I am sure I will still learn a ton!
Old Tue May 06, 2003, 09:34am
Official Forum Member

for mikeref or others

I'm assuming this camp is at Lewis University outside of Chicago? If so, could you post some additional information or is there a website you could direct me to? I live in Milwaukee and am interested, if it's as close to me as I think that camp is. Thanks in advance!
Old Tue May 06, 2003, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

mid south camp@ Lewis

the camp is july27-30, cost is $400 includes room and board.Among the clinicians that will be there is Mark Braden. He is the assignor for the WIAC in Wisconsin. It is in my opinion the best DIII conference in the country. I work for Mark now, but want to attend a camp where he is so he knows I am trying to improve my skills.The part of my pamphlet with the phone number on was mailed in, so I cant help you with that...sorry..also no email available
Old Wed May 07, 2003, 05:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fletch_irwin_m
I sent my registration in today for the Mid South Camp at UNC - Charlotte. There are about 1/2 dozen or so officials from our association going to that one. Most of us are going because we want to "get a look" at the next level. The conference people that will be there (ODAC, Dixie, Big South etc) are all in our area, so we go with high hopes and polished shoes. If I don't get picked up, I am sure I will still learn a ton!
Fletch: Just curious, but where are you located? Judging by these conferences, you must be somewhere in the NC/VA area.
Old Wed May 07, 2003, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
That would be Lynchburg. Virginia, not Tennessee. One has Jerry Falwell, one has Jack Daniels. It is VERY important not to confuse one with the other!
Old Fri May 09, 2003, 05:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fletch_irwin_m
That would be Lynchburg. Virginia, not Tennessee. One has Jerry Falwell, one has Jack Daniels. It is VERY important not to confuse one with the other!
Agree. Much more fun in Jack Daniels land. I'm not too far from you -- Manassas.