The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Multiple Foul (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/84843-multiple-foul.html)

letemplay Wed Dec 21, 2011 02:56pm

Multiple Foul

When is the last time anyone called, or saw called, a multiple foul, as in 4-19-11? (I don't mean April 19, last spring.) While I've always known this is in the books, I know I've never called one, been in a game where one was called, or watched a game where it happened. My apologies if this has been discussed recently, but if a guy is hammered by two opponents on the way to the hoop, isn't it prevalent just to choose which guy's gonna get the foul and go with it.

bob jenkins Wed Dec 21, 2011 03:01pm

Yes.

My guess -- first they had double fouls. Then they had false double. Then they had false multiple. but, they couldn't have a "false" multiple if they didn't have a "multiple" so they added that.

Don't be the first to call it.

fiasco Wed Dec 21, 2011 03:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by letemplay (Post 807044)
isn't it prevalent just to choose which guy's gonna get the foul and go with it.

Yes. Don't be a physics professor.

JRutledge Wed Dec 21, 2011 03:32pm

Never seen it called and there is probably a good reason I will never see it called.

Peace

Camron Rust Wed Dec 21, 2011 03:48pm

The only time I could imagine one being called is if all the fouls involved were intentional or flagrant.....and that is not likely to happen.

letemplay Wed Dec 21, 2011 03:51pm

OK then, but

Surely someone has called it, seen it? That Guy? Mr So and So?

tref Wed Dec 21, 2011 03:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by letemplay (Post 807073)

Those two dont post here, do they?

bob jenkins Wed Dec 21, 2011 03:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tref (Post 807074)
Those two dont post here, do they?

They do, but not under those names.

Toren Wed Dec 21, 2011 03:55pm

I hope I never see it, and it pisses me off I know the rules associated with it. Seems like a waste of my limited capacity.

JRutledge Wed Dec 21, 2011 03:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by letemplay (Post 807073)

Never seen it called and never heard anyone call it.

Peace

tref Wed Dec 21, 2011 03:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 807078)
They do, but not under those names.

Ummmm bob, are you accusing me of being one or both of those guys? Stop picking on me or I'll report you to the... nevermind you are the moderator. :D

bob jenkins Wed Dec 21, 2011 04:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tref (Post 807085)
Ummmm bob, are you accusing me of being one or both of those guys? Stop picking on me or I'll report you to the... nevermind you are the moderator. :D

We've all been one or both of those guys at one point or another. Most of us only recognize the "other" guy.

RookieDude Wed Dec 21, 2011 04:09pm

I actually saw a "true" multiple foul...years ago.

A1 was setting up to shoot, at the top of the key...B1 and B2 ran at A1, to defend the shot. B1 and B2, both, ran into A1 at the same time.

I saw it...I blew my whistle...I thought ("I know this deal...I can come out with a "multiple foul" and show my rules knowledge")...in the end...

...I picked one. I just couldn't do it, for some reason.:o

26 Year Gap Wed Dec 21, 2011 04:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieDude (Post 807094)
I actually saw a "true" multiple foul...years ago.

A1 was setting up to shoot, at the top of the key...B1 and B2 ran at A1, to defend the shot. B1 and B2, both, ran into A1 at the same time.

I saw it...I blew my whistle...I thought ("I know this deal...I can come out with a "multiple foul" and show my rules knowledge")...in the end...

Was it before youtube?

tref Wed Dec 21, 2011 04:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RookieDude (Post 807094)

Options arent a bad thing, we can get rid of knuckleheads & save one on the good players.