The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Here's a strange stat (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/84549-heres-strange-stat.html)

Mark Padgett Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:34pm

Here's a strange stat

Did a BJV rec game last night. In the first half, team A had 12 fouls, team B had 8. In the second half, each team had 15, making the total for the game 50. However, despite the fact there were 50 fouls called, no one fouled out. What are the odds there? Of course, there were quite a few kids with four fouls.

26 Year Gap Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 805616)
Did a BJV rec game last night. In the first half, team A had 12 fouls, team B had 8. In the second half, each team had 15, making the total for the game 50. However, despite the fact there were 50 fouls called, no one fouled out. What are the odds there? Of course, there were quite a few kids with four fouls.

That is strange, especially since you didn't call it the same at both ends.

Adam Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:19pm

JV rec?

refiator Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:38am

BV game last night. After a foul late in the 3rd quarter (we never reached the bonus in the first half) we are lining up to shoot 2 free throws. Foul count is 3-2. One player says to me, "man, you guys are calling everything."

Rob1968 Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 805708)
That is strange, especially since you didn't call it the same at both ends.

Coach: "Hey, you gotta make some calls at the other end!"
Official: "We will, in the second half!"
Coach: "Okay!"

Mark Padgett Sun Dec 18, 2011 04:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 805712)
JV rec?

Yeah. Our local kids rec league goes from 3rd grade thru HS. We have two boys HS divisions, JV and V. The JV is all freshman and sophomores and the V is all juniors and seniors. On the girls side, all the HS grades play in one division because we get less than half as many girls sign up as boys. The entire league has about 1000 kids in it in all the grades. We restrict the teams to no more than 10 kids, so each kid gets a fair share of playing time.

grunewar Sun Dec 18, 2011 04:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 805911)
The entire league has about 1000 kids in it in all the grades.

I thought we had a big league, but this is HUGE!

BillyMac Sun Dec 18, 2011 06:20pm

What Do You Feed That Thing On Your Head ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 805919)

Love your Donald Trump impression. You sound just like him.

26 Year Gap Sun Dec 18, 2011 07:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 805923)
Love your Donald Trump impression. You sound just like him.

*waits for NEXT Donald Trump expression*

BillyMac Sun Dec 18, 2011 07:50pm

I'll Take This One ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 805933)
*waits for NEXT Donald Trump expression*

You're fired.

Mark Padgett Sun Dec 18, 2011 08:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 805919)

About eight years ago, we were still combined with a neighboring town until they got big enough to separate and have their own program. The final year we were together (this was before we added HS so it was just 3rd thru 8th grade) we had over 1700 kids in the program. I was Board president that year.

Note that our school district does not have MS sports programs, so all the kids play in different organizations.

grunewar Sun Dec 18, 2011 09:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 805941)
About eight years ago, we were still combined with a neighboring town until they got big enough to separate and have their own program. The final year we were together (this was before we added HS so it was just 3rd thru 8th grade) we had over 1700 kids in the program. I was Board president that year.

Note that our school district does not have MS sports programs, so all the kids play in different organizations.

We don't have MS Teams here either.

Two different rec leagues, many AAU Teams, F, JV and V.