The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 17, 2011, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Different One

BV fourth quarter, H coach is out of time outs and he has been notified, so have all the reffs, 3 man. About 2 minutes later home point guard gets tied up in a trap right in front of the visiting coaches bench. Guard ducks down and makes the time out signal "basic T" reff blows whistle and then signals T. Home coach no problem with T call. Guard who requested time out says to coach, "you never told us we were out of time outs" Home coach replies, " Yes I did it was in our last huddle!" Guard is the coach's son!! The visiting coach knows this key guard has 4 fouls and argues with official that this technical foul is to be his 5th. Reff tells him no this T is recorded as a team technical. Visiting coach says to reff, "how do you know that?" Reff, "well if you open the rule book and look on the chart about technicals it says its a team technical. Coach says. "oh, I never look at the rule book and goes back and sits down." Ironically, this is the same coach that I warned about face guarding two years ago. He's fairly young, under 30. And believe it or not the face guarding rule is in the book too.
Old Sat Dec 17, 2011, 12:54pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Because I Said So, Now Go To Bed ...

If a team requests and is granted an excess timeout, then a team technical foul is charged. The penalty for an excessive timeout is assessed when discovered.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Dec 17, 2011 at 06:52pm.
Old Sat Dec 17, 2011, 10:21pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 View Post
BV fourth quarter, H coach is out of time outs and he has been notified, so have all the reffs, 3 man. About 2 minutes later home point guard gets tied up in a trap right in front of the visiting coaches bench. Guard ducks down and makes the time out signal "basic T" reff blows whistle and then signals T. Home coach no problem with T call. Guard who requested time out says to coach, "you never told us we were out of time outs" Home coach replies, " Yes I did it was in our last huddle!" Guard is the coach's son!! The visiting coach knows this key guard has 4 fouls and argues with official that this technical foul is to be his 5th. Reff tells him no this T is recorded as a team technical. Visiting coach says to reff, "how do you know that?" Reff, "well if you open the rule book and look on the chart about technicals it says its a team technical. Coach says. "oh, I never look at the rule book and goes back and sits down." Ironically, this is the same coach that I warned about face guarding two years ago. He's fairly young, under 30. And believe it or not the face guarding rule is in the book too.
Have you ever met Mr. Annoying Spelling Guy?
Old Sun Dec 18, 2011, 12:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
No, but I think his first name is Jef, he works for Deff Jam records

Last edited by fullor30; Sun Dec 18, 2011 at 12:17am.
Old Sun Dec 18, 2011, 07:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
no problem, just ignore the punctuation and we'll get along fine, I have the same pet peeve!