The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Different One (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/84543-different-one.html)

Loudwhistle2 Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:51am

Different One

BV fourth quarter, H coach is out of time outs and he has been notified, so have all the reffs, 3 man. About 2 minutes later home point guard gets tied up in a trap right in front of the visiting coaches bench. Guard ducks down and makes the time out signal "basic T" reff blows whistle and then signals T. Home coach no problem with T call. Guard who requested time out says to coach, "you never told us we were out of time outs" Home coach replies, " Yes I did it was in our last huddle!" Guard is the coach's son!! The visiting coach knows this key guard has 4 fouls and argues with official that this technical foul is to be his 5th. Reff tells him no this T is recorded as a team technical. Visiting coach says to reff, "how do you know that?" Reff, "well if you open the rule book and look on the chart about technicals it says its a team technical. Coach says. "oh, I never look at the rule book and goes back and sits down." Ironically, this is the same coach that I warned about face guarding two years ago. He's fairly young, under 30. And believe it or not the face guarding rule is in the book too.

BillyMac Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:54pm

Because I Said So, Now Go To Bed ...

If a team requests and is granted an excess timeout, then a team technical foul is charged. The penalty for an excessive timeout is assessed when discovered.

26 Year Gap Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loudwhistle2 (Post 805604)
BV fourth quarter, H coach is out of time outs and he has been notified, so have all the reffs, 3 man. About 2 minutes later home point guard gets tied up in a trap right in front of the visiting coaches bench. Guard ducks down and makes the time out signal "basic T" reff blows whistle and then signals T. Home coach no problem with T call. Guard who requested time out says to coach, "you never told us we were out of time outs" Home coach replies, " Yes I did it was in our last huddle!" Guard is the coach's son!! The visiting coach knows this key guard has 4 fouls and argues with official that this technical foul is to be his 5th. Reff tells him no this T is recorded as a team technical. Visiting coach says to reff, "how do you know that?" Reff, "well if you open the rule book and look on the chart about technicals it says its a team technical. Coach says. "oh, I never look at the rule book and goes back and sits down." Ironically, this is the same coach that I warned about face guarding two years ago. He's fairly young, under 30. And believe it or not the face guarding rule is in the book too.

Have you ever met Mr. Annoying Spelling Guy?

fullor30 Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 805715)

No, but I think his first name is Jef, he works for Deff Jam records

Loudwhistle2 Sun Dec 18, 2011 07:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 805715)

no problem, just ignore the punctuation and we'll get along fine, I have the same pet peeve!