The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   hot ziggity dog (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/84471-hot-ziggity-dog.html)

fullor30 Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:23am

hot ziggity dog

Man, Reebok zigs are the real deal. No shoe can come close to comfort. The usual aches and pains in the knees are gone. Absolutely incredible, and light as a feather. On sale at finish line for 79.99, may buy another pair just for backup.

A treat for the feet

Refsmitty Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:26am

Worn mine for 3 games now - I agree - what a treat!

Raymond Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:44am

Haven't worn my yet. Will wear them for 2 high school games tomorrow and then just use them for my college games. My old college shoes will become my HS shoes.

I don't work a very heavy schedule as compared to many of you so my shoes last a long time.

JugglingReferee Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:56am

Are these the shoes you're talking about?

http://static.reebok.com/images/flui...NT_166x166.jpg

If so, too much white for my LA.

stiffler3492 Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:02am

I know for a fact you can get them in all black.

Raymond Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 805316)
Are these the shoes you're talking about?

http://static.reebok.com/images/flui...NT_166x166.jpg

If so, too much white for my LA.

Nope, patent leather all black, low tops.

VTOfficial Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:28am

Quote:

Man, Reebok zigs are the real deal. No shoe can come close to comfort. The usual aches and pains in the knees are gone. Absolutely incredible, and light as a feather. On sale at finish line for 79.99, may buy another pair just for backup.

A treat for the feet
+2 (one for each knee)

JugglingReferee Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:28am

I'll keep looking then. Thanks!

Refsmitty Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51am

Mine are all black.

grunewar Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 805325)
I'll keep looking then. Thanks!

Reebok Zig Energy Ref

I was an early adopter and like em a lot too.

Rich Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 805300)

A treat for the feet

I'm with you. I love, love, love these shoes. I can't find them at Finish Line, though. :(

fullor30 Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 805344)
I'm with you. I love, love, love these shoes. I can't find them at Finish Line, though. :(

Buy 'em online.......to borrow a competitor's slogan "Just do it"

Patent Leather Zigs Online at FinishLine.com

Camron Rust Fri Dec 16, 2011 01:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 805353)
Buy 'em online.......to borrow a competitor's slogan "Just do it"

Patent Leather Zigs Online at FinishLine.com

Too bad they only have 4 sizes available. :(

fullor30 Fri Dec 16, 2011 01:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 805393)

Final Four

Rich Fri Dec 16, 2011 02:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 805393)

And they have 11's and I'm a 10.5.

fullor30 Fri Dec 16, 2011 02:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 805401)
And they have 11's and I'm a 10.5.

Ahh, I just remembered, I read somewhere they run a little small, so I bought a 1/2 size up and was perfect. I recommend hitting a finish line and try on comparable style which I did.

Rich Fri Dec 16, 2011 03:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 805408)
Ahh, I just remembered, I read somewhere they run a little small, so I bought a 1/2 size up and was perfect. I recommend hitting a finish line and try on comparable style which I did.

Except I already have a pair and they fit perfectly. A 10.5. My other shoes (running and other) range from 9.5 to 11. All depends on the shoe.

Scratch85 Fri Dec 16, 2011 03:26pm

I had to get mine a full size larger.

Agree they are great! Now if they just hold up like my old Converse. Durablity seems to be all that is left to prove. I hope we are still bragging on them in their second season, third season or even longer.

Rich Fri Dec 16, 2011 03:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scratch85 (Post 805427)
I had to get mine a full size larger.

Agree they are great! Now if they just hold up like my old Converse. Durablity seems to be all that is left to prove. I hope we are still bragging on them in their second season, third season or even longer.

I'm happy if they last a year. Anything more would be icing on the cake.

BubbaRef Fri Dec 16, 2011 03:48pm

I have had mine now for 2 weeks and they are very comfortable and my knee's have yet to hurt while wearing them. I did have to go up a 1/2 size just to get a little wider shoe and glad I did. My 2 partners and several other in our association has them also.

fullor30 Fri Dec 16, 2011 04:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 805426)
Except I already have a pair and they fit perfectly. A 10.5. My other shoes (running and other) range from 9.5 to 11. All depends on the shoe.

Sorry, you did mention you love them..........

Freddy Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:08pm

You Sold Me

Due to the numerous positive feedback comments on these Zigs, I ordered a pair from finishline.com. Didn't really need another pair of shoes, but they sounded almost too good to be true, so I gambled and splurged.
These are too good. It's true.
What a great shoe!
Thanx, guys.

Rich Fri Dec 23, 2011 01:53am

I know. I gushed so much to my wife about how much I love them that she confessed that she's been trying to buy me a pair for Christmas. So popular that everyone shes checked with is out of my size (10.5).

I've had horrible pain the past few years on the backs of my heels (it's Achilles tendinitis - I've been to a doctor). This year (so far) I have no pain whatsoever.

I convinced my wife to buy me a gift certificate from Honig's instead of the shoes -- I'll get those myself later. I'm getting a plate coat for baseball season with the GC.

fullor30 Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 807691)
I know. I gushed so much to my wife about how much I love them that she confessed that she's been trying to buy me a pair for Christmas. So popular that everyone shes checked with is out of my size (10.5).

I've had horrible pain the past few years on the backs of my heels (it's Achilles tendinitis - I've been to a doctor). This year (so far) I have no pain whatsoever.

I convinced my wife to buy me a gift certificate from Honig's instead of the shoes -- I'll get those myself later. I'm getting a plate coat for baseball season with the GC.

Rich,

I think this place still has them in stock

Reebok Zig Energy Referee Shoe, Sports Unlimited

In my best Ed Hochuli voice "After further review, the above company is sold out, by rule you can't buy any"

Anybody have another source? Anybody? Bueller?

Zoochy Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:59am

out of stock

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 807767)
Rich,

I think this place still has them in stock

Reebok Zig Energy Referee Shoe, Sports Unlimited

In my best Ed Hochuli voice "After further review, the above company is sold out, by rule you can't buy any"

Anybody have another source? Anybody? Bueller?

I just went to that web site. ALL sizes are out of stock.
I am glad I bought mine the beginning of November. The shoe is soooooo comfortable.:)

Gargil Fri Dec 23, 2011 03:11pm

Just got mine today!! I will let you know after Wednesday's game what I think. Had to get 1/2 size bigger.

riverfalls57 Fri Dec 23, 2011 03:32pm

I bought mine from ump-attire.com in November. On their site it says that the shoes won't be available until March 2012.

grunewar Fri Dec 23, 2011 04:13pm

Verdict is in........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoochy (Post 807777)
I just went to that web site. ALL sizes are out of stock.

Guess most people like em.........and they didn't make enough! :rolleyes:

Freddy Fri Dec 23, 2011 04:19pm

Looking Goofy -- The Zigs, not Me

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 807908)
Guess most people like em.........and they didn't make enough! :rolleyes:

Glad I only have to wear them and don't have to look at them. The soles look dorky to me, like I should be doing some kind of MJ (the singer, not the player) moonwalk strut or something--like Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly as Clint Eastwood did in that old west bar scene in the third Back to the Future movie.
But they sure are comfy.

kwv001 Mon Jan 30, 2012 09:43pm

I wasn't really looking for new shoes, but came across these at the local Reebok outlet tonight. Based on what I've read here, and the feedback from a couple of local guys that wear them, i decided to spend the $79 and give them a shot. Consistent with some of the other comments, I needed a half size larger than usual.

I will give them a try tomorrow night. I'm curious about other people's experience "breaking them in". I think I will also pack my current shoes so I can change at halftime if need be.

jdw3018 Mon Jan 30, 2012 09:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwv001 (Post 818439)
I wasn't really looking for new shoes, but came across these at the local Reebok outlet tonight. Based on what I've read here, and the feedback from a couple of local guys that wear them, i decided to spend the $79 and give them a shot. Consistent with some of the other comments, I needed a half size larger than usual.

I will give them a try tomorrow night. I'm curious about other people's experience "breaking them in". I think I will also pack my current shoes so I can change at halftime if need be.

Love mine, have worn them all season, most comfortable officiating shoe I've ever worn. Only problem was a piece of the sole near the toe that is glued in came loose. I used shoe epoxy to fix it and have had no problems since. I would have sent them back for a replacement pair but was afraid my size would be out of stock.

Nevadaref Tue Jan 31, 2012 04:23am

Do they come in regular or only the patent leather?

grunewar Tue Jan 31, 2012 05:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 818495)

I've only seen them in patent leather.

kwv001 Tue Jan 31, 2012 06:42am

Quote:

The Reebok outlet store I was in last night had them in black patent leather (which I bought) and also an all black leather and mesh combination that looks like a more traditional running shoe.

I mentioned to the kid at the store that I was a basketball official, and he commented that word travels fast amongst "us"! He said 9 out of 10 people that he had sold the black patents too were referees. Kind of makes sense - I'm not sure I would have bought black patent for everyday wear!

He also tried to sell me a shoe cream to use to buff them to an even higher shine that he said alot of guys are using. Anyone have any experience doing this?

zm1283 Tue Jan 31, 2012 08:54am

Quote:

You can get Zigs in other combinations that don't include patent.

Scuba_ref Tue Jan 31, 2012 08:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwv001 (Post 818518)
He also tried to sell me a shoe cream to use to buff them to an even higher shine that he said alot of guys are using. Anyone have any experience doing this?

Do they need more shine...as it is no one in the stands can focus on me because of the high reflective nature of these shoes. All the fan complaints and comments now get hurled at my partners. :p

jeschmit Tue Jan 31, 2012 09:23am

For those that area looking for the non-patent Zigs, these are the shoes that I am currently wearing (and loving them, btw!)...

Reebok Zig Dynamic Nubuck Men's Running Shoes*| FinishLine.com | Black

Also, if you enter the coupon, "DEFDEALS2" you can get $15 off of your purchase. This makes the grand total $77.53 after taxes and shipping! A great price for these shoes! (I bought these same shoes around Thanksgiving for just over $100). I just bought myself a second pair.

I believe the coupon expires TODAY (1/31) though!

fullor30 Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:18am

Funny this thread resurfaced as I came across a ref who had a leather version of zig, which he said they market as a football zig. I can't find them anywhere, and will have to track him down to see if they were indeed reebok zigs, they sure loooked like zigs.

I've had a full season so far and just noticed my right shoe seems to fit slightly different as it maybe breaking down somewhat. Nothing major, but I can tell the difference. Has anyone else noticed this?

I believe RichMSN said even if they only last a season, they're worth it.

I'll second that

wfd21 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05am

How do the sizes run compared to New Balance or Nike?

wfd21 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18am

Never mind re-read all comments and found my answer:rolleyes: