The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Fans rush court before game decided via replay (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/84130-fans-rush-court-before-game-decided-via-replay.html)

chseagle Sat Dec 10, 2011 08:38pm

Fans rush court before game decided via replay

Indiana stuns No. 1 Kentucky 73-72 at buzzer - College Basketball - Rivals.com

According to the article, the final horn sounded & the red light lit, yet the game was not quite decided due to a last second 3 pt. shot. Home team fans rushed the court to celebrate although the game was not finalized.

What should game management had done to prevent this from happening?

What would have happened had there been a foul against the offense where the opposing team shoots FTs, with the fans on the court?

How is this handled differently between NFHS, NCAA-W, NCAA-M, IAABO, & FIBA? (minus the allowance of video review).

APG Sat Dec 10, 2011 08:53pm

Clear the court, and finish the game as needed. Everybody thought the game was over as the clock read zero and the red light went off...no T's are going to be issued if that's what you're wondering.

I don't know what game management could have done...I have no idea how they're going to stop 15,000+ fans from rushing the court.

26 Year Gap Sat Dec 10, 2011 09:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 803482)
Clear the court, and finish the game as needed. Everybody thought the game was over as the clock read zero and the red light went off...no T's are going to be issued if that's what you're wondering.

I don't know what game management could have done...I have no idea how they're going to stop 15,000+ fans from rushing the court.

A trap door?

bob jenkins Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:16pm

[QUOTE=chseagle;803478What should game management had done to prevent this from happening?[/QUOTE]

Hired you?

Based on what I've read about it, it was handled properly, and there was no T to be issued.

Adam Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 803478)

What would have happened had there been a foul against the offense where the opposing team shoots FTs....

I don't understand the question.

BktBallRef Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 803478)
Indiana stuns No. 1 Kentucky 73-72 at buzzer - College Basketball - Rivals.com

According to the article, the final horn sounded & the red light lit, yet the game was not quite decided due to a last second 3 pt. shot. Home team fans rushed the court to celebrate although the game was not finalized.

What should game management had done to prevent this from happening?

What would have happened had there been a foul against the offense where the opposing team shoots FTs, with the fans on the court?

How is this handled differently between NFHS, NCAA-W, NCAA-M, IAABO, & FIBA? (minus the allowance of video review).

You come up with the stupidest ****.

fiasco Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 803500)
You come up with the stupidest ****.

You read and comment on the stupidest ****.

BktBallRef Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco (Post 803501)
You read and comment on the stupidest ****.

I point it out whenever I can.

fiasco Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 803502)
I point it out whenever I can.

How's that working out for you?

BktBallRef Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco (Post 803504)
How's that working out for you?

It's a neverending task. So many idiots, so little time.

stiffler3492 Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 803482)

I don't know what game management could have done...I have no idea how they're going to stop 17,000+ fans from rushing the court.

Fixed it for ya.

Love my Hoosiers!