Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 11, 2011, 08:12am
Esteemed Forum Member

Religious Headwear ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I have a prep school game today, and I'm not looking forward to watching the second game. I'll be tired, I'll want to get home (to watch Cops), and I'm going to be stuck watching a subvarsity game, a prep school game, on a Saturday, and worse, a girls prep school game.
I made it back in time to watch Cops. The home team did not score in the first half. No free throws, by either team, attempted in the first half.

Interesting situation. The junior varsity game featured a Muslim player who wore a head covering, a long sleeve undershirt, and long pants. This is the first time I've seen a player use the religious exception to headwear, other than yarmulkes worn by Jewish players.

By the way, they really weren't long pants. They were worn under the uniform shorts, and were either very high socks (legal) or tights (illegal). I can't fault the junior varsity officials for not checking, I would have done the same thing in a varsity game.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Dec 11, 2011, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

OOO minimalist

Quote: BillyMac: By the way, they really weren't long pants. They were worn under the uniform shorts, and were either very high socks (legal) or tights (illegal). I can't fault the junior varsity officials for not checking, I would have done the same thing in a varsity game.

I agree. There are fashion police, and then there are FASHION POLICE ...
Old Sun Dec 11, 2011, 12:53pm
Esteemed Forum Member

My Name Is Friday, I Carry A Badge ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1968 View Post
There are fashion police, and then there are FASHION POLICE.
I carry a Fashion Police badge. But there's no way in Hell that I'm going to question how far, up, or down, socks, or tights, go. Better to ignore, than to question, especially when dealing with a religious exception.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Dec 11, 2011, 07:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I carry a Fashion Police badge. But there's no way in Hell that I'm going to question how far, up, or down, socks, or tights, go. Better to ignore, than to question, especially when dealing with a religious exception.
Amen, brother!

Last edited by Rob1968; Sun Dec 11, 2011 at 07:26pm. Reason: spelling