The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   OT - Let the Games Begin...... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/83078-ot-let-games-begin.html)

grunewar Mon Nov 14, 2011 07:58pm

OT - Let the Games Begin......

This just in.......my son's HS starts their season this year hosting a tournament (kind of unusual for us) on 2 Dec. Their first opponent - Montrose Christian!

We were 5-18 last season........ :eek:

This might not be good!

Welpe Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:02pm

OH NO! :eek:

(Who's Montrose Christian?)

Adam Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 798517)

Snaqwells likes this.

Raymond Tue Nov 15, 2011 09:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 798517)

A team 5-18 teams shouldn't schedule. :D

Also where Kevin Durant and Greivas Vasquez (Memphis Grizzlies) attended...errr, played high school basketball. ;)

grunewar Tue Nov 15, 2011 04:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 798564)
A team 5-18 teams shouldn't schedule. :D

Yeah, but think of the major coin ($) it'll bring in. :(

I saw them play last yr at a tourney I was officiating in. As I recall they won by at least 50 and easily scored 100 pts. A beating......

Lcubed48 Wed Nov 16, 2011 02:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 798661)
Yeah, but think of the major coin ($) it'll bring in. :(

I saw them play last yr at a tourney I was officiating in. As I recall they won by at least 50 and easily scored 100 pts. A beating......

Maybe, you could get yourself assigned to the game, Then, you could sell lots of foul insurance, and make even more coin for the school. :D

VaTerp Mon Nov 21, 2011 07:35pm

Small World

Just got my first 8 HS assignments and my 2nd game of the year is Montrose on Saturday the 3rd as part of the same tip off tourny.

Small world...

grunewar Tue Nov 22, 2011 07:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 799508)
Just got my first 8 HS assignments and my 2nd game of the year is Montrose on Saturday the 3rd as part of the same tip off tourny.

Small world...

2 PM at Hayfield?

I have games in the AM, but will try and make it.

I'll bring my clipboard and yell at ya from the stands!! :D

Regardless, good luck!

VaTerp Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:14am

Yup.

2pm at Hayfield.

Feel free to heckle me from the stands. If it's the blowout I anticipate we may need some help staying focused.

grunewar Sat Dec 03, 2011 05:02pm

Update

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaTerp (Post 799508)

Small world...

Watched VaTerp and his crew call an excellent game today. Montrose won both tourney games easily (by 40 or so).

One of his P's popped the visiting coach.

Great to meet him and the guys and catch the chatter in the Ref's Locker Room.

PS - I reffed his daughter's game last night as part of the women's tourney. She's pretty darn good! Small world indeed!

VaTerp Wed Dec 07, 2011 09:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 801618)
Watched VaTerp and his crew call an excellent game today. Montrose won both tourney games easily (by 40 or so).

One of his P's popped the visiting coach.

Great to meet him and the guys and catch the chatter in the Ref's Locker Room.

PS - I reffed his daughter's game last night as part of the women's tourney. She's pretty darn good! Small world indeed!

Thanks Grunewar.

For the record I am not the official whose daughter you reffed. She's signed with Georgetown by the way. I'm also not the guy who called the T.

Was good to talk "shop" with you in the locker room and hope to see you on the court sometime.

Mark Padgett Thu Dec 15, 2011 08:28pm

They're on tonight

In case any of you are interested, Montrose Christian is on ESPN tonight (Thur, Dec 15) at 9:30 pm eastern time. They've traveled from Maryland to Texas for this game.

grunewar Thu Dec 15, 2011 09:28pm

The Oak Hill vs Miller Grove game before it is a good one!

chseagle Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 805156)
In case any of you are interested, Montrose Christian is on ESPN tonight (Thur, Dec 15) at 9:30 pm eastern time. They've traveled from Maryland to Texas for this game.

Are they playing in a High School gym or a College gym?

Took a brief peak at the game and I am loving that gym setup, especially since it looks like no fans can get on the court.

Welpe Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:00pm

Some ugly fouling at the end of the game including a nasty shove/shoulder
Tackle.

Eagle do you see the Lewisville HS letters at mid court? ;)