The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Fox 40 Whistles with rubber mouth grip (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/83076-fox-40-whistles-rubber-mouth-grip.html)

Dave9819 Mon Nov 14, 2011 07:01pm

Fox 40 Whistles with rubber mouth grip

Question for anybody who uses the Fox 40 Whistle that has that rubber-like bite guard/mouth grip -

I find that I bite through the grip and the grip starts to fall apart over the span of a season. The whistle itself is fine. Instead of having to buy a new whistle, has anybody found a way to replace the rubber mouth grip?

JRutledge Mon Nov 14, 2011 07:06pm

I really do not like those whistles. I also use multiple whistles in a season. Those whistles hardly last a few games without being annoying.

Peace

BillyMac Mon Nov 14, 2011 07:41pm

Tasty Too, Tastes Just Like Candy ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave9819 (Post 798492)
Question for anybody who uses the Fox 40 Whistle that has that rubber-like bite guard/mouth grip. I find that I bite through the grip and the grip starts to fall apart over the span of a season.

I tried the "rubber" Fox 40 last year for several games, and had the same problem as Dave9819. Eventually, I went back to the "regular" fox 40.

Bad Zebra Mon Nov 14, 2011 08:42pm

Holy crap! You guys need to relax a little when you work games. I still have several Fox 40 CMG's from five years ago. What are you guys grinding your teeth about?

billyu2 Mon Nov 14, 2011 08:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Zebra (Post 798509)
Holy crap! You guys need to relax a little when you work games. I still have several Fox 40 CMG's from five years ago. What are you guys grinding your teeth about?

And 1. I have used the same 2-3 whistles with the mouthguard for the last 3 years now and they've held up fine. Ironically, I have to wear a mouthguard when sleeping because I grind. Can't figure that one out at all.

ontheway Mon Nov 14, 2011 08:53pm

Idk of anyone that has had this problem and actually replaced the mouthgrip. Idk if its even possible Mr. Forte may have designed it so you have to buy a new one

JRutledge Mon Nov 14, 2011 09:46pm

Quote:

The plastic is fragile. If you bite them at all they fall apart. Also those things get nasty after some time, which is why I would rather not use them.

Peace

JugglingReferee Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:12pm

Quote:

Question for anybody who uses the Fox 40 Whistle that has that rubber-like bite guard/mouth grip -

I find that I bite through the grip and the grip starts to fall apart over the span of a season. The whistle itself is fine. Instead of having to buy a new whistle, has anybody found a way to replace the rubber mouth grip?

I have never had a need to replace the rubber CMG portion because I don't bite through them very easily. I think I'm in in 5th year of using a set of 6 whistles and they're all in near perfect condition.

Stop biting through the CMG portion.

BktBallRef Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:10pm

Quote:

Agreed. I've got 3 or 4 I rotate. Haven't bought a new in in several years.

Relax.

Rich Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 798519)

Relax.

I hate the CMG whistles. I have used the same Fox 40 Classic for the past 2 basketball seasons. I clean it out once in a while, but that's it.

BktBallRef Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 798520)
I hate the CMG whistles. I have used the same Fox 40 Classic for the past 2 basketball seasons. I clean it out once in a while, but that's it.

Well, I hate the Fox 40 Classic! So there!

And my patent leather shoes aren't hot either! :D

Some of you guys have some strange idiosyncrasies.

Welpe Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 798521)

Some of you guys have some strange idiosyncrasies.

It's called personal preference. :)

I use Fox40 classics for basketball and CMGs for football. I can't stand having the CMG whistle in my mouth all the time. I'm good for about one CMG whistle a football season and I guess about two basketball season for a Fox40 whistle. I bit through my last one at the end of the season, I guess I chew on them too much.

Larks Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:00am

Love the 40 CMGs...

This just in....THEY ARE CHEAPER THAN AN ORDER OF WINGS AT FRIDAYS!!

No repair..just use 3 rotated and they will last a few seasons. When they fall apart...pitch and buy some new ones.

ref2coach Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:09am

Quote:

Small diameter black rubber tubing. Cut to fit. Works fine.

Lcubed48 Tue Nov 15, 2011 03:25am

Cmg

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 798519)

Relax.

+1 I do the same. I have several that I just rotate, and I clean them out on a regular basis.