The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Keeping track of games. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/82688-keeping-track-games.html)

resin113 Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:59pm

Keeping track of games.

I have a few scrimmages scheduled and would like to hear how everyone is keeping track of games. The last thing I would want to do is schedule two different games on the same night.

Thank you.
Kevin

BayStateRef Fri Oct 21, 2011 01:15pm

Arbiter.
Excel.
Google Calendar.

I use all three and enter every game in every place.

dsqrddgd909 Fri Oct 21, 2011 01:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayStateRef (Post 795238)
Arbiter.
Excel.
Google Calendar.

I use Arbiter as well.

I then download my games into Outlook calendar, which is synced to my Blackberry. I color code my Outlook calendar with all of my games, meetings and clinics.

stiffler3492 Fri Oct 21, 2011 01:38pm

My assignors all use Arbiter, and I keep track of the details of every assignment in an Excel file (time, place, level, # of games, pay, when I was assigned, partner's name, and mileage).

grunewar Fri Oct 21, 2011 01:43pm

Quote:

Arbiter.
Excel.
MS Outlook.

Fixed it for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffler3492 (Post 795244)
I keep track of the details of every assignment in an Excel file (time, place, level, # of games, pay, when I was assigned, partner's name, and mileage).

For me, this is mostly for tax purposes.

Rufus Fri Oct 21, 2011 02:13pm

RefTown, Excel spreadsheet, and Notes/Outlook calendar. It's a pain to have to keep them all updated, but helps double and triple check my assignments.

Oh, don't forget to also copy your significant other as well. Bad things happen when games get scheduled and they are not aware of it. Bad things I'm telling you....

grunewar Fri Oct 21, 2011 02:20pm

This is Vuja Des!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 795248)
Oh, don't forget to also copy your significant other as well. Bad things happen when games get scheduled and they are not aware of it.

I am in the habit, every Monday morning, of emailing my wife with my upcoming schedule for the week - late meetings, doctor's appointments, social events, games, etc. On the oft week I "thought I sent her my update" and she informs me she never got it....and I can't find a msg in my Sent Mail....
Quote:

Bad things I'm telling you....

resin113 Fri Oct 21, 2011 02:43pm

Thank you..

Please excuse me for not knowing this, what is Arbiter?

dsqrddgd909 Fri Oct 21, 2011 02:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by resin113 (Post 795250)
Thank you..

Please excuse me for not knowing this, what is Arbiter?

Arbiter is a web based software for assigning games. Kansas mandates its use.

https://www.arbitersports.com/front/...geContent/Home

Raymond Fri Oct 21, 2011 02:51pm

Quote:

Arbiter.
Excel.
Google Calendar.

Those 3 plus my Microsoft Outlook.

I use the export feature in Arbiter to import my schedule into my Outlook calendar. I forward my games from there to my Google calendar b/c I can get to that on my cell phone (I only have a basic phone, no berry's/droids/iphones/smartphones).

I use Excell to track my pay and bounce it against Arbiter.

Raymond Fri Oct 21, 2011 02:53pm

Quote:

...Oh, don't forget to also copy your significant other as well. Bad things happen when games get scheduled and they are not aware of it. Bad things I'm telling you....

I also do this when I'm forwarding my games to my Google calendar.

Camron Rust Fri Oct 21, 2011 04:02pm

Quote:

RefTown, Excel spreadsheet, and Notes/Outlook calendar. It's a pain to have to keep them all updated, but helps double and triple check my assignments.

Oh, don't forget to also copy your significant other as well. Bad things happen when games get scheduled and they are not aware of it. Bad things I'm telling you....

Rufus, through a recently released feature on RefTown, you can subscribe to an individualized calendar feed of your games in Outlook, Google Calendar, iCal, Lotus Notes, or many other calendar programs.

Any change to your schedule is available instantly...however, it may or may not show up right away depending on when your application requests an update...most update a few times a day...some several times per day.

You can also use that link in more than one calendar program at a time...including a spouse's calendar program. I'm using mine in 4 places, my Google Calendar (which lets me see the assignments on my Android phone automatically) and Outlook...and the same two places for my wife.

I never have to tell her about any of the games, she gets them automatically.