The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Actually got to work a Big East game!! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/82434-actually-got-work-big-east-game.html)

Scrapper1 Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:12pm

Actually got to work a Big East game!!

Nearly every official would LOVE to work the Big East if given the opportunity. Well, I finally got mine and it was awesome!!

Of course, it was a Big East volleyball match. :)

I was a Line Judge for a conference match-up of women's teams. No crowd at all, but it was pretty fun to be on the main basketball court, even if it wasn't for a basketball game.

chseagle Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1 (Post 794021)
Nearly every official would LOVE to work the Big East if given the opportunity. Well, I finally got mine and it was awesome!!

I was a Line Judge for a conference match-up of women's teams. No crowd at all, but it was pretty fun to be on the main basketball court, even if it wasn't for a basketball game.

It was still a great opportunity for you.

Congratulations!!

SCalScoreKeeper Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:47pm

Congrats Scrapper :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Working the Big East is working the Big East no matter what the sport.Who did you end up working?

Raymond Sun Oct 16, 2011 08:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper (Post 794037)
Congrats Scrapper :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Working the Big East is working the Big East no matter what the sport.Who did you end up working?

When I was travelling recently I met a guy who is a track & field official at the U of South Florida. He said he's had the privilege of working SEC and Big East conference events as well.

BillyMac Mon Oct 17, 2011 06:23am

Congratulations To Me ...

I actually went to a Big East game once. I had to buy a ticket, but I was there.

chseagle Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:53pm

I've worked a few Pac-10 football games and one Pac-10 basketball game.

As game management.

grunewar Mon Oct 17, 2011 02:29pm

Billy, Billy, Billy......

He "one-upped" you!

BktBallRef Mon Oct 17, 2011 03:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1 (Post 794021)

Please move this thread to the Volleyball forum. :D

Be careful out there and don't over do it. :)

BillyMac Mon Oct 17, 2011 07:48pm

Up The Down Staircase ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 794614)
Please move this thread to the Volleyball forum.

Scrapper1 is probably too tired to move it. You know, an official can get pretty tired climbing up and down that ladder.

chseagle Mon Oct 17, 2011 07:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 794644)
Scrapper1 is probably too tired to move it. You know, an official can get pretty tired climbing up and down that ladder.

As a line judge he didn't have to worry about the ladder.

Just had to duck or move fast.

BktBallRef Mon Oct 17, 2011 09:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 794644)

It's his first year, so he probably hasn't seen the ladder except from the other end of the net. ;)