The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Push off on inbounds (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/82426-push-off-inbounds.html)

MelbRef Sat Oct 15, 2011 05:08pm

Push off on inbounds

Player A1 inbounding.
Player A2 pushes off defender to get open.
Team B in the bonus.

What's the call?

Raymond Sat Oct 15, 2011 05:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelbRef (Post 793908)
Player A1 inbounding.
Player A2 pushes off defender to get open.
Team B in the bonus.

What's the call?

Why do you ask? What is confusing you about this play?

MelbRef Sat Oct 15, 2011 05:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 793915)
Why do you ask? What is confusing you about this play?

Just drawing a blank, and wondering if new team control on inbounds rule comes into play.

APG Sat Oct 15, 2011 05:43pm

Well do you think there's team control on a throw-in under the new rule now? If so, what's your call?

BillyMac Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:36pm

Just Thinking Out Loud ...

Any possibility of an intentional personal foul here?

APG Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 794054)

What makes you think this is an intentional foul?

Nevadaref Sun Oct 16, 2011 05:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 794054)

Sure, there is the possibility. It would be the same possibility as any live ball pushing foul being ajudged as intentional. ;)

BillyMac Sun Oct 16, 2011 06:10am

To Shoot Or Not To Shoot, That Is The Question ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 794060)
What makes you think this is an intentional foul?

I don't. I just wanted to check with the esteemed members of the Forum to see if it's always true that free throws are never taken when a team that is in control fouls. On this specific play, if the foul was deemed to be an intentional personal foul, would we shoot two free throws?

just another ref Sun Oct 16, 2011 08:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 794200)
I don't. I just wanted to check with the esteemed members of the Forum to see if it's always true that free throws are never taken when a team that is in control fouls. On this specific play, if the foul was deemed to be an intentional personal foul, would we shoot two free throws?

Of course. A team control foul is a common foul, which is neither flagrant nor intentional.

BillyMac Sun Oct 16, 2011 09:01am

If You Can't Be With The One You Love ...

Quote:

I just wanted to check with the esteemed members of the Forum to see if it's always true that free throws are never taken when a team that is in control fouls. On this specific play, if the foul was deemed to be an intentional personal foul, would we shoot two free throws?

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 794260)
Of course. A team control foul is a common foul, which is neither flagrant nor intentional.

Didn't you read my post? I stated that I wanted to hear from esteemed Forum members?

APG Sun Oct 16, 2011 09:44am

Quote:

You've been here long enough to know the answer to that. It's just like any other situation where a player commits an intentional foul which just happens to occur while his/her team is in control of the ball.

JRutledge Sun Oct 16, 2011 09:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 794295)
You've been here long enough to know the answer to that. It's just like any other situation where a player commits an intentional foul which just happens to occur while his/her team is in control of the ball.

And he has been refereeing long enough too. ;)

Peace

BillyMac Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:18am

Keanu Reeves ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 794295)
You've been here long enough to know the answer to that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 794297)
And he has been refereeing long enough too.

Hey. Somebody's got to play the devil's advocate on this Forum to keep everbody on their toes.

Raymond Sun Oct 16, 2011 08:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 794308)
Hey. Somebody's got to play the devil's advocate on this Forum to keep everbody on their toes.

No need for a Devil's Advocate. Everyone knows the answers to both the OP and to the wrinkle you added.