The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   coach-player and T... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/8208-coach-player-t.html)

ROMANO Fri Apr 11, 2003 02:50pm

A player that he is also a coach of the time gets a technical foul during an interval of play because of repeatedly hanging on the ring during warm up.
what should i do now?

ChuckElias Fri Apr 11, 2003 03:03pm

Well, I think you're using FIBA, David, so I really don't know. You assess the T, shoot the FTs and then resume the game with the "opening" jump ball. Are you asking if he gets additional penalties b/c he's the coach? Like maybe losing the coaching box? Can you lose the coaching box in FIBA? I don't know.

Chuck

ROMANO Fri Apr 11, 2003 03:17pm

I'M asking if the T foul will charged against him as the coach or as the player?
let's ask that:
if the techincal foul is because a personal unsportmanlike behavior of that coach-player than what?

Hawks Coach Fri Apr 11, 2003 04:43pm

warmup it would be neither a player nor a coach T, it is a bench T because he is bench personnel. Indirect to coach and seatbelted in NF, not sure in FIBA. If FIBA has the indirect limit of 3, he has his first indirect as a coach.

And I never really thought about this, but he could get three indirects (completely unrelated to this specific activity), which would disqualify him in his capacity as coach and therefore prevent him from playing. The rules aren't really set up around player coaches.

ROMANO Sat Apr 12, 2003 02:56am

DID enyone ever see a player-coach in you're games?
cause' this situation happend to me .
we must interpretat if the foul is because his behavior as a coach or as player.
nice situation..no?

NICK Sat Apr 12, 2003 04:14am

Romano, suggest tech him as a player, as he will have a playing number and start game with two shots then jumpball. this will be part of team's 7 team fouls

ROMANO Sat Apr 12, 2003 08:06am

Game will start with 2 shots then jump ball ENYWAY!
i think that if he will get the T before opening the game because of repeatedly hanging on the ring during warm up it will consider as a player ,and if he get the T because his acting not on the court then i will consider it as a coach .

ohad_d Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:42am

hi romano

the T foul will charged against him as the player beacause his behave connect to his status as a player and not as a coach

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Apr 13, 2003 08:07pm

I do not know if ROMANO's games are being played under FIBA rules, but FIBA rules do recognize a creature defined as a Player-Coach.

ROMANO Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:13am

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
I do not know if ROMANO's games are being played under FIBA rules, but FIBA rules do recognize a creature defined as a Player-Coach.
ROMANO GAMES ARE BEING PLAYED UNDER FIBA RULES-YES!!
nice to meet yo to..