The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 08, 2003, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

While everyone is discussing whether or not McNamara had legal guarding position in the bang-banger in the first half, I was astounded that nobody on TV or in this forum has discussed the one in the 2nd half. It occurred about 2 minutes in, Kansas had a 2-on-1, and it looked like Kueth Duany had grown roots he was set so long, he's run over by Kirk Hinrich, and a block is called. If there was a missed call in the game, I thought this was it, but I must have REALLY missed something if it hasn't even been mentioned.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2003, 11:13am
Official Forum Member

IMHO I don't think you missed anything. I know the play you are talking about. I was telling my wife, that seemed to me a clear PC foul, but the big dawgs saw it as a block! I totally agree with you. I like your analogy, "grown roots", he sure did.
Old Tue Apr 08, 2003, 11:49am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by TriggerMN
While everyone is discussing whether or not McNamara had legal guarding position in the bang-banger in the first half, I was astounded that nobody on TV or in this forum has discussed the one in the 2nd half. It occurred about 2 minutes in, Kansas had a 2-on-1, and it looked like Kueth Duany had grown roots he was set so long, he's run over by Kirk Hinrich, and a block is called. If there was a missed call in the game, I thought this was it, but I must have REALLY missed something if it hasn't even been mentioned.
TriggerMN,
At 17:36 of the second, I assumed that Warrick flopped a little as Hinrich, trying to avoid contact, passed off and they both went down.
Also, Lead was opposite and probably did have a look that he wanted to take to the bank.
And, don't forget, the Center saw the play, also.

The next play down (17:08), Duany was called for the block.

I think the two plays were related.

mick

[Edited by mick on Apr 8th, 2003 at 11:57 AM]
Old Wed Apr 09, 2003, 01:12am
Official Forum Member

Sorry, but...

Yeah, you missed the whole discussion on this play. It appears here: http://www.officialforum.com/showthr...7&pagenumber=3