The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   How much longer for you guys till tip off? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/80224-how-much-longer-you-guys-till-tip-off.html)

Mark Padgett Wed Sep 07, 2011 06:51pm

How much longer for you guys till tip off?

Only 17 more days before fall league starts for one of the top kids rec leagues in this area (HoopSource). I can't wait to get my schedule. I usually get the games I want from them because one of the two guys who runs the league went to HS with my son, and also played in our local kids rec league when he was little and I reffed a lot of his games then.

Despite that, he likes me working his league. :rolleyes:

How much longer for you guys until your first game of the new season, rec or otherwise? Are you getting anxious?

JRutledge Wed Sep 07, 2011 07:14pm

At this time, I will not work a game until November 21, 2011. Again still waiting on college schedule which could allow that time to be shorter. Again we will see.

Peace

26 Year Gap Wed Sep 07, 2011 08:53pm

I have already had my first meeting in one assn and have one on Monday with my primary assn. First games are usually around November 10th. Of course, I started to officiate volleyball this fall, so I am nearly 3 weeks into that season.

tref Thu Sep 08, 2011 08:37am

11/10/11 :D

no more wreck... no more wreck... no more wreck!!

NCHSAA Thu Sep 08, 2011 08:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 786306)
Only 17 more days before fall league starts for one of the top kids rec leagues in this area (HoopSource). I can't wait to get my schedule. I usually get the games I want from them because one of the two guys who runs the league went to HS with my son, and also played in our local kids rec league when he was little and I reffed a lot of his games then.

Despite that, he likes me working his league. :rolleyes:

How much longer for you guys until your first game of the new season, rec or otherwise? Are you getting anxious?

End of November for High School, first of November for college.

stiffler3492 Thu Sep 08, 2011 09:20am

Jr High girls starts September 20th for me. A few dates in that league, then the boys start in October, then high school in November of course.

So...12 days

grunewar Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:47am

I start my short wreck-ball season next Sunday.

Going to be interesting for me this HS season, as I switched Associations and have to be re-evaluated to see what kind of schedule I get.

Rufus Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:08pm

First association meeting next week with scrimmages starting at the same time (league play, not HS).

Scratch85 Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:13pm

First game November 15, 2011. Association meetings start up October 3rd.

stir22 Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:33pm

probably November, now that Javie retired. still waiting for the call.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Thu Sep 08, 2011 01:12pm

Presently, MTD, Jr., open our seaon together on Monday, December 05, 2011. It is a boys' Jr. H.S. doubleheader (7th grade followed by 8th grade). We will follow our normal procedure: Junior will toss to start each game (because it is too much work to toss the ball) and then I will remain at the division line while the young whippersnapper runs from endline-to-endline the entire game. :D

MTD, Sr.

grunewar Thu Sep 08, 2011 03:17pm

Good duty if you can get it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 786452)
Presently, MTD, Jr., open our seaon together on Monday, December 05, 2011. It is a boys' Jr. H.S. doubleheader (7th grade followed by 8th grade). We will follow our normal procedure: Junior will toss to start each game (because it is too much work to toss the ball) and then I will remain at the division line while the young whippersnapper runs from endline-to-endline the entire game. :D

MTD, Sr.

Try a volleyball referee stand - you can get good angles!

JBleach85 Thu Sep 08, 2011 04:37pm

Tip off will be here in about 2 and half months. Heck I would take my tip off time now so that I don't have to deal with all this flooding that we got from the rain. I guess until then just working out and training and heck maybe work some shootouts!

BillyMac Thu Sep 08, 2011 04:39pm

Like Christmas Morning ...

High school girls: December 7.
High school boys: December 14.

Scuba_ref Thu Sep 08, 2011 05:23pm

No Clue

I have no idea...football is just two weeks old. We get games assigned about two weeks in advance for both football and basketball. Don't work rec league. I am on the board for the Bball association and we will have our first board meeting within the month.

I also received my first ever contract for some college ball and I know they are starting to schelude games. I am only realistically expecting a small handful of games from them. This was the direct result of attending camp. I had a blast at camp (although I could never find the craft table and didn't get any s'mores) and bonus, will get a few games out of it.