The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Gear bags (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/80157-gear-bags.html)

bainsey Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:44am

Gear bags
 
I'm looking to upgrade my gear bag for game days. Any preferences/recommendations on what you use?

grunewar Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:31pm

I over pack!
 
I use a medium size, black roller suitcase (think air travel).

Ever the boy scout, I like to be prepared, and bring two of almost every piece of uniform equipment, plus toiletries, rule books, pump/needle and most anything else folks on this site have suggested may be of use as an oficial at a game.

Overkill? Possibly.

Have I used everything I carry? At one time or another.

Am I a little bit "teched in the head? Probably. :p

bob jenkins Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:33pm

I bought some Wilson "large gym bag" at Target (or similar) for very few $ about 10 years ago. Still works great.

JRutledge Tue Sep 06, 2011 01:52pm

I bought a bag about 5 or 6 years ago that was an expensive luggage bag with rollers at a discount. I only use if for officiating and it works well. I can hold two of everything and put some things in compartments. Stuff is easy to find and put away. It is really about preference and what works for you.

Peace

stiffler3492 Tue Sep 06, 2011 02:00pm

I use a large black duffel bag. Fits all my gear and has room for more.

It's all about preference and what you need. I've always been told to try and use a black bag/suitcase/whatever.

Maineac Wed Sep 07, 2011 01:34pm

Black Nike Brasilia medium size bag I picked up cheap at BJ's. Better than a sharp stick in the eye.

bainsey Wed Sep 07, 2011 01:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maineac (Post 786230)
Black Nike Brasilia medium size bag I picked up cheap at BJ's.

You're definitely a southern Mainah. Ain't no BJ's up hee-yah!

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. After using one bag for everything, I've grown tired of moving different sports stuff in and out of the same bag. I'm aiming for one bag for soccer, one bag for basketball, one bag for workouts, etc.

ref2coach Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bainsey (Post 786235)
Thanks for the thoughts, guys. After using one bag for everything, I've grown tired of moving different sports stuff in and out of the same bag. I'm aiming for one bag for soccer, one bag for basketball, one bag for workouts, etc.

Walmart has Black "overhead compartment" size wheeled bag. 10 year guarantee, ~$25. I agree with the desire to have separate bags, keeps thing much simpler.

tjones1 Thu Sep 08, 2011 01:51pm

Works for me. :D

http://images04.olx.com/ui/11/76/20/...Greenville.jpg

Huntin' Ref Tue Jan 03, 2012 04:10pm

What size?
 
I have been looking for a wheelie suit case and don't know what size to get. I bring 2-3 shirts, 2 pair pants, 2 pair of shoes, under garments, towel, etc.. and am concerned it won't fit in a 21" carryon style suitcase. Some of the partners I work with use those bags but rarely do they have 2 of anything in their bag and they appear pretty full with just that stuff.

I would welcome specific recommendations.

bob jenkins Tue Jan 03, 2012 04:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huntin' Ref (Post 810254)
I have been looking for a wheelie suit case and don't know what size to get. I bring 2-3 shirts, 2 pair pants, 2 pair of shoes, under garments, towel, etc.. and am concerned it won't fit in a 21" carryon style suitcase. Some of the partners I work with use those bags but rarely do they have 2 of anything in their bag and they appear pretty full with just that stuff.

I would welcome specific recommendations.

Why can't you just measure what you have now and buy whatever is closest to that?

Plus, you probably can leave the second pair of shoes in your car. They are a backup, and you're not likely to need them, so you can save some weight and space.

JRutledge Tue Jan 03, 2012 04:16pm

The current bag I have is 24 inches tall. It fits two of everything. I did stop putting an extra pair of shoes in the bag and I do keep them in a separate bag and in the car. My best suggestion is go to a local store and shop around. I think it is better to pay more now than go the cheap route and then have to spend money later. Then at least you can see what you are looking for in a size comparison and you might be able to find a deal online or in a store. This is a great time to get expensive luggage as stores are often getting rid of inventory that they could not get rid of during the holidays.

Peace

VaTerp Tue Jan 03, 2012 04:38pm

I use a Ogio bag that I got from Purchase Officials last season.

I think it's 22'' but I'm not sure. It fits everything I carry and holds more than it would appear.

There is a bigger (still official carry on size) Ogio bag that I've seen some others use that is probably what I will upgrade to next season.

I absolutely love this bag.

ETA- Just measured my bag and it is 24''. The bigger one I referenced, I believe, is 24'' as well but appears to be deeper. I highly recommend looking into the Ogio bags.

bainsey Tue Jan 03, 2012 05:12pm

I forgot that I started this thread. Anyway, I took ref2coach's idea:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ref2coach (Post 786351)
Walmart has Black "overhead compartment" size wheeled bag. 10 year guarantee, ~$25. I agree with the desire to have separate bags, keeps thing much simpler.

It was about $30 at Walmart. Great bag, though I now I take some ribbing from partners about going to the airport. :cool:

kgeorge0263 Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01pm

Best bag
 
Although pricier, this bag is great, durable, large enough, and looks great.

Delsey Helium Fusion Lite 2.0 21" Carry-On Expandable Suiter Trolley

Delsey Helium Fusion Lite 2.0 21" Expandable Suiter Trolley - Black


Plus it has rims...hahh...they look great.:)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1