The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Basketball Rule Book - High School (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/80003-basketball-rule-book-high-school.html)

firstyearguy Sat Sep 03, 2011 05:56pm

Basketball Rule Book - High School

What is the best way to get a copy of the basketball rules book/manual? Our meeting isn't for another month, but I'd like to read it over prior to attending. State: Idaho

APG Sat Sep 03, 2011 06:02pm

Usually, you can order NFHS Rules book and manuals directly from their website. I'm not sure if this year's addition is out yet though.

BktBallRef Sat Sep 03, 2011 08:36pm

Yes, it's "out."

Scrapper1 Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:42am

Around here, many local sporting goods stores carry high school rulebooks in a variety of sports.

tref Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:52am

You can access this years rulebook for free if you have a NFHS Arbiter account.

26 Year Gap Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:09pm

Or you could print out all of the changes from the Fed website and get a hold of last year's rule book until you have this year's in your hands. We get ours in 8 days.

BillyMac Sun Sep 04, 2011 01:17pm

Don't Bet On It ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 785564)
Or you could print out all of the changes from the Fed website and get a hold of last year's rule book until you have this year's in your hands.

C'mon 26 Year Gap. You know that there are always "unannounced" changes every year. Man, I hate it when that happens.

justacoach Sun Sep 04, 2011 01:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tref (Post 785557)

Doesn't appear to be an easy way to d/l the entire book as a complete file this year from the NFHS site. Seems to be embedded in a flash routine which only dispenses bits and pieces at a time
Was it availalble as a downloadable pdf last year?

Looks like I'll have to dust off my scripting skills to get a digital version

BktBallRef Sun Sep 04, 2011 02:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 785579)
C'mon 26 Year Gap. You know that there are always "unannounced" changes every year. Man, I hate it when that happens.

Yep. 9-9-1 this year is a prime example.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 785580)

Last year and this year. But for some reason, some folks can access the pdf and others can only get to the flash. No idea why.

tref Sun Sep 04, 2011 05:52pm

Quote:

Doesn't appear to be an easy way to d/l the entire book as a complete file this year from the NFHS site. Seems to be embedded in a flash routine which only dispenses bits and pieces at a time

I was talking about the NFHS group account on the Arbiter website, not NFHS.org

grunewar Sun Sep 04, 2011 07:08pm

Quote:

You are the master!

BktBallRef Sun Sep 04, 2011 08:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tref (Post 785639)
I was talking about the NFHS group account on the Arbiter website, not NFHS.org

We know what you were talking about.

Again, some NFHS members are able to download the pdf files from the NFHS site while others can only see the flash version on the Arbiter.

tref Mon Sep 05, 2011 08:50am

My mistake

26 Year Gap Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 785579)

It is early September. If the new official wants to get a head start on things, he can follow the suggestions made. Unannounced changes can be learned when he has his first association meeting and receives this year's version of the rule book. It isn't going to be as if 25 unannounced changes are going to be made. BTW, you may have nicked the fly with your sledgehammer.:rolleyes:

All_Heart Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tref (Post 785557)

I've been accessing the pdf rule books for the past couple of years on the NFHS website. How do I go about accessing it on the Arbiter website? I have a user login for the NFHS arbiter account but when I click on many of the links in there it says that I do not have access.