The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 16, 2003, 01:43am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ron Pilo Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Pilo
WOW! What a great game to watch and to be a part of. My partner and I had a great time. I think we did the game justice and made our fellow Association proud. Not too much weird stuff happened. Any of you fellow FOX Sports NW folks have any input...............................YEAH YEAH I know I pointed in the wrong direction in the first half. But if you could have heard my voice you would have heard me scream BLUE!

Anyway.....what a great way to end my season......you all take care and keep on "Discussing"

Old Sun Mar 16, 2003, 03:28am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Pilo
Any of you fellow FOX Sports NW folks have any input...............................YEAH YEAH I know I pointed in the wrong direction in the first half.
Great job,Ron!! You and your partner worked a good game.I noticed the "point" too. I just thought-"hey,good call.Change it and get it right".

Btw,I watched it from about 2000 miles East of you.Trusty ol' satellite dish gets all the Fox regional stations! Had high school championship games on last night(boys and girls) from Florida and Missouri.Interesting to watch the different areas play.I was looking for the NC 1A boys game to see Tony,but that wasn't on.
Old Sun Mar 16, 2003, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

FOX Sports..

Kind of bugs me that FOX Sports has a policy of not introducing game officials. Oh well.....
Old Sun Mar 16, 2003, 06:38pm
In Memoriam

Re: FOX Sports..

Quote:
Originally posted by oatmealqueen
Kind of bugs me that FOX Sports has a policy of not introducing game officials. Oh well.....
Must not be total policy.I was watching the 3A WA championships last week on Fox N/W,and they flashed the game officials' names on the screen.
Old Sun Mar 16, 2003, 07:58pm
Esteemed Participant

I watched you Ron...you guys done good! Looked like Prairie had the Westerberg kids number all night long...the Sitton kid pretty much shut her down (btw: I had her, her older sister and her younger sister in my homeroom when they were each in 7th grade)...looked like both Aldridge and Poffenroth (the coaches) behaved themselves...you and Dave both represented yourselves and your Assoc. admirably!!
Old Sun Mar 16, 2003, 09:38pm
Official Forum Member

Ron,

Both refs mechanics looked good and polished. First half didn't look like much fun (sloppy!), but got a little better in the 2nd half. Certainly not the "championship quality" of ball I was hoping to see. What was the third foul on Westerberg about that set her down for the rest of the first half? All we could see on TV was her getting the ball and falling down. Did she do something before the camera picked her up?

Z
Old Mon Mar 17, 2003, 04:22am
In Memoriam

Just checked today's satellite listings. Fox Sports Northwest has got a replay of the 4A game championship game scheduled this afternoon for 1:00pm PST/4:00pm EST.Didn't say whether it was boys or girls,though.

Problem is that this conflicts with the comedy that's on NESN. The BoSox preseason game!
Old Mon Mar 17, 2003, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

Zebraman,
Westerberg's 3rd was called by Dave. She went through a player to get the ball.

BTW, Did anyone out there actually record the game. I was hoping my son would have recorded it but he "Forgot", Geez!!!!! Kids. I guess I could call FOX NW.
Old Mon Mar 17, 2003, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Zebraman,

BTW, Did anyone out there actually record the game. I was hoping my son would have recorded it but he "Forgot", Geez!!!!! Kids. I guess I could call FOX NW.
Ron -- I tried to have my neighbor do it, but somehting went wrong. But the Oregonian has it listed again, boys today at 1, girls Wed at 1, so I could try again. I think you did girls? Anybody we know on boys?
Old Mon Mar 17, 2003, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Julie,
Yep I did the girls game. Scott Fetterly and Joe Gurero did the boys game. IF you do get it tapped let me know, I'd love a copy.

Ron
Old Mon Mar 17, 2003, 01:38pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Zebraman,

I had a long conversation with Dave about the game yesterday...he felt bad about the call on Westerberg, but I pointed out to him that 3 players ended up on the floor, so something probably needed to be called...his choices were the 3rd on Westerberg, or the 3rd on Sitton from Prairie, or just give Prairie the ball oob...in the replay, Westerberg really does take down the Short girl at the end of the play...tough call, but that's why he and Ron were there...
Old Mon Mar 17, 2003, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

So DJ,
Do you have a video copy of the game????? I am looking for one as my son "Forgot" to tape it for me.
Old Mon Mar 17, 2003, 02:00pm
Esteemed Participant

No, I didn't tape it...it was fun to watch you guys though... by the end of the game my kids were calling you both by name..."Nice call, Ron", etc...how about the show Morrison and Brooks put on in the boys game???
Old Wed Mar 19, 2003, 06:06pm
Official Forum Member

Ron:

I was there to watch the final, but never got down to introduce myself. I thought you guys did a great job. I thought the third foul on Westerberg was a tough one but I'm a bit biased too (I'm from Spokane) so I'd take that with a grain of salt. Personally, I wasn't that impressed with the quality of basketball played during that championship game. It appeared that both teams were very leg weary, as one might expect after four straight days of very emotional and physical basketball. Well, enough rambling for now, hopefully I'll get a second chance to meet some of my fellow Washingtonian officials in the near future. Congrats again on a job very well done. Oh, and no, I didn't tape the game either, sorry.
Old Thu Mar 20, 2003, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

Looks like Rainmaker was able to get a taped copy, and wonderful her she is going to send it to me.