The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Washington Tourney Games on TV (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/7907-washington-tourney-games-tv.html)

rainmaker Fri Mar 14, 2003 01:41am

I notice in the Oregonian that FSN is running a game or two of whichever Washington Tournament is happening this week. If I pay my neighbor to tape them for me (I don't have cable), will I see one or two of you Forum-ers? Which one(s)?

zebraman Fri Mar 14, 2003 09:29am

Ron Pilo is working the girl's side of the 4A tourney. He's a regular here. He's a pretty darn good official so it wouldn't surprise me if he made it to the final game.... but figuring out what the tournament evaluators are looking for (in the refs for the final game) is always a crap shoot so who knows.

Z

Ron Pilo Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:02am

Actually, I got the call at 11:15PM last night. I will be working the final at 7:00pm on Saturday with a fellow official from Vancouver (Dave Christel) Looking forward to the game. It will be on TV. Hee Haw.

BktBallRef Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:33am

Nice job, Ron. Congrats! 11:15pm, huh? :)

Let us know when it will be on!

zebraman Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:33am

I'm not surprised Ron. Don't forget that e-mail I sent you telling you that I expected to see you on TV Saturday night. Can't wait to watch! Congratulations and much deserved.

Z

P.S. Lucky you for the "early" 11:15 time. My call last week at 3A came at 1:30 AM thanks to an overtime game. :-(

Ron's game will be on Fox Sports Northwest at 6 PM Saturday night followed by the Boy's 4A game at 8 PM.

[Edited by zebraman on Mar 14th, 2003 at 09:36 AM]

NYBAREF Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:37am

Congrats Ron.

I had the opportunity to watch Ron last in his game last night. He did a great job, and will represent his association and our forum well. He is a class act.

Ron... Do you know who made the semi's for the girls side and who made the Semi's and Finals on the Boys side?

[Edited by NYBAREF on Mar 14th, 2003 at 12:59 PM]

Ron Pilo Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:47am

I don't know who from Seattle will work any other games. Glenn Lampman the caller needed to make other calls and didn't elaborate.......

P.S. Did you introduce yourself to Phil yesterday.........???

NYBAREF Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:01am

I did, we talked for about 5 minutes, he gave me his card, and said he would let me know when his tryout camp would be.

<fingers crossed>

rockyroad Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:11am

Congrats Ron!! Excellent job as always...and glad to hear my buddy Dave is in there also. He always represents us Southwest guys well!!! Also, George St. Pierre is doing one of the semis...not to brag too much, but he's one of us also!! And bragging even more, this makes the 5th year in a row our assoc. has had an official working the champ. game at that tourney!! Must be something in the water down here...

Anyway - go Pilo!! Proud of you man!!

RookieDude Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:19am

Nice Job Ron! I'll be looking forward to seeing you on the ol' tube Saturday night.
Thanks also to zebramann for giving us the Channel and times for the games.

RD
P.S. Ron, did you get a chance to say Hi to Ralph Erath on the Boys side? Also Larry Lizotte on the girls side?
(Tri-City boys)

ChuckElias Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:39am

Have a good game, Ron. Any chance it'll be carried on Fox Sports New Enland? Probably not. We'll end up with yet another hour of the Worst Dang Sports Show Ever. Bleh :(

Mark Padgett Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:50pm

Ron - congrats. I'll try to catch the game on the tube, although I'm not sure if I can. I have to wash my socks. ;)

rainmaker Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:50pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Have a good game, Ron. Any chance it'll be carried on Fox Sports New Enland? Probably not. We'll end up with yet another hour of the Worst Dang Sports Show Ever. Bleh :(
I suppose I might be co-erced to sell bootleg tape ...

Gracious sakes, I can't believe I even thought that!! Never mind....

zebraman Fri Mar 14, 2003 01:06pm

Just checked the paper and I was one-hour off on the times. Washington State Title game for Girls 4A on FSN at 6 PM Sat and Boys 4A on at 8 PM.

Z

rainmaker Fri Mar 14, 2003 01:32pm

Oregonian is showing "Washington High School 4A Basketball Final" at 8 pm and I can't tell if it's boys or girls, and then at 10 pm is listed "Wash HS BBall (JIP)", which I assume means Joined in Progress. I'll just have my neighbor tape the whole she-bang, and watch it on Sunday.