The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 09, 2003, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

This is the same guy we talked about last week, who insisted on warming up with his team in the state qualifying tournament . (i.e. I haven't seen this before ~ theshortbaldref)

26-0 going into the State Championship game (HS Boys Varsity Class B). I am at a loss for words. This comes out of the Bozeman Chronicle, can you believe it (btw ~ fouls were 15 to 20)

One key for the Wolves' first state title since 1993 was that Burdett fouled out with 2:55 remaining in the extra session. This was in addition to losing post Steve Porter to foul trouble in the fourth, which displeased coach Mike Woodman.

"When I see something like that happen with referees who lied to me and said they were going to work for both teams, (and) when we shoot five free throws to their 22, it makes me not want to have my kids in athletics," Woodman said. "They knew what two kids needed to come off our team - Burdett and Porter - not that they weren't fouling but they called some cheap stuff tonight and I didn't think that was fair".

My mother taught me that "If you can't say something nice ..........." so I won't even comment.

Blackhawk
Old Sun Mar 09, 2003, 07:37pm
Official Forum Member

B-357, you know my take on Manhatten's bump-and-run football defense they employed at the divisional tournament last week. If you want a semi-objective opinion without even seeing the title game Saturday night in Butte, I'd say the officials finally called the game it was supposed to be played, and his kids couldn't handle it. MHO.