Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 12, 2003, 08:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Re: My bad Chuck . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Mea culpa - I accept a poke in the eye with a pointed stick.
OWWWW! Not necessary, Coach. I think 50 lashes will suffice.

Chuck
Old Wed Mar 12, 2003, 09:20am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
I don't know how I'll sleep tonight without some NyQuil and a brown pop or ten
I'm pretty sure that one dose of NyQuil has the same alcohol content as a brown-pop, anyway. Tastes about the same, too. Blech.

Quote:
The boys varsity games are frequently the eaaaaasiest to call anyway.
Then why do we use experienced officials for them? Why not put the new guys on the varsity games to get their feet wet on an easy game? Come on, Rich.

Chuck

For an experienced official. I didn't say that, but I thought it was an obvious piece of the puzzle.

Have you worked any JV games recently? Sloppy slugfests that never put the officials in a good light. Girls' games can frequently be the same way -- lots of contact, lots of sloppiness, lots of scrambling, held balls, and turnovers.

A good boys game puts an experienced crew in the best light. But that's just my opinion.

Rich
Old Wed Mar 12, 2003, 09:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Wait, wait, wait...

First you say this...

Quote:

That's obnoxious, Rut. We call both boys and girls where I'm from. The girls' games are not given to "lesser" officials.

...now you say this:

Quote:

Have you worked any JV games recently? Sloppy slugfests that never put the officials in a good light. Girls' games can frequently be the same way -- lots of contact, lots of sloppiness, lots of scrambling, held balls, and turnovers.

A good boys game puts an experienced crew in the best light. But that's just my opinion.

I don't know, maybe I missed something and am mistaken in thinking that you've completely changed your tune...
Old Wed Mar 12, 2003, 09:50am
In Memoriam

Re: Wait, wait, wait...

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

First you say this...

Quote:

That's obnoxious, Rut. We call both boys and girls where I'm from. The girls' games are not given to "lesser" officials.

...now you say this:

Quote:

I don't know, maybe I missed something and am mistaken in thinking that you've completely changed your tune...
He said he didn't wanna get stuck with girl's games all the time, but he still does them.
Old Wed Mar 12, 2003, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Wait, wait, wait...

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:

First you say this...

Quote:

...now you say this:

Quote:

He said he didn't wanna get stuck with girl's games all the time, but he still does them.
Ahhh...I see. And could that be because he might then consider himself to be a "lesser" official?
Old Wed Mar 12, 2003, 10:15am
In Memoriam

Re: Re: Re: Wait, wait, wait...

Quote:
First you say this...

Quote:

Ahhh...I see. And could that be because he might then consider himself to be a "lesser" official?
Tsk, tsk.
Old Wed Mar 12, 2003, 10:56am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wait, wait, wait...

Quote:
Quote:
First you say this...

Quote:

Tsk, tsk.
Yeah, I know...(shrug)
Old Wed Mar 12, 2003, 08:43pm
We don't rent pigs

Re: Re: Wait, wait, wait...

Quote:

Nobody wants to do girls games all the time, do they? But I don't see where calling them makes you a "lesser official." I find boys games more physically challenging, (you have to run more, as a rule) but often they seem to be easier to call because of a higher skill level.

Lonesome Dove