The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 26, 2003, 02:04pm
Official Forum Member

I have heard that a coach from Poteau, OK. surfs the web and can get some kind of support from people "out there" to help pay for their school basketball uniforms. Does anyone here know how that is achieved?
My kids finished their ball season with "that coach." I told them they could play, but if there was anymore problems, to take it up with coach and the super. I figure instead of getting in the middle, I would just see what would happen on it's own. Suprisingly, I didn't hear much from either side.
I have decided, rather, to try to help the kids out by trying to figure out how we can get up-to-date uniforms. Maybe if they had better uniforms, that would give them some confidence? The ones they are wearing now are to small, no shorts, and the numbers are about to fall off. This is a very small public school with limited resources. If anyone know's anything, please drop a line. Thanks...
Old Wed Feb 26, 2003, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dacollegegirl
My kids finished their ball season with "that coach." I told them they could play, but if there was anymore problems, to take it up with coach and the super. I figure instead of getting in the middle, I would just see what would happen on it's own. Suprisingly, I didn't hear much from either side.
Huh?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Feb 27, 2003, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dacollegegirl
I have heard that a coach from Poteau, OK. surfs the web and can get some kind of support from people "out there" to help pay for their school basketball uniforms. Does anyone here know how that is achieved?

Translation:She heard about a coach that raised funds for his team on the WEB. Can you help her as to how to go about this.

Translation: "That coach" is a coach that she has had run-ins in the past with over her 4th and 5th graders, he apparently thinks he's coaching in the NBA. At one point she took her 4th grader off of the team. Apparently she relented and let him play.

I have decided, rather, to try to help the kids out by trying to figure out how we can get up-to-date uniforms. Maybe if they had better uniforms, that would give them some confidence? The ones they are wearing now are to small, no shorts, and the numbers are about to fall off. This is a very small public school with limited resources. If anyone know's anything, please drop a line. Thanks...
Translation: Can anybody out here help her on how to raise funds to buy new uniforms for the kids at a small poor school?
Old Thu Feb 27, 2003, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Well thank goodness someone speaks Frat around here!
Old Fri Feb 28, 2003, 02:24am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
collegegirl--

I suggest you contact Nike, Adidas, or some other big sports company. Or perhaps the closest professional bball team would be interested in this kind of project. These are the groups that pay for stuff around here. A decent set of jerseys with matching shorts might not cost too much to earn for, such as with bake sales, car washes and the like. Just be sure you get the kind that have one color on the fron and a different color on the back. Refs HATE the kind that aren't reversible.
Old Fri Feb 28, 2003, 07:54am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
... Just be sure you get the kind that have one color on the front and a different color on the back. Refs HATE the kind that aren't reversible.
AND please include numbers on front side and backside of the jerseys!
Old Fri Feb 28, 2003, 05:26pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Talking

Just make sure the number on the front is the same as the number on the back.
Old Wed Mar 05, 2003, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

Thanks guys!