The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 28, 2003, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Angry

I am fed up with the nit picky bickering and pointless oneupsmanship that is happening right now. I have enjoyed this board immensely because I respect the knowledge, experience, and opinions of everyone who contributes here.

I come here to learn and improve. But the combatants are quickly losing my respect and their own credibility.

I come here to feel a sense of comaraderie. But a small number of you are destroying that as well.

I believe that I speak for many others here when I say: Here's the stop sign, knock it off!
Old Fri Feb 28, 2003, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Bits, I'm not sure if you're referring to me as one of the "one-uppers" or not, but I think the "bickering" that you mention has been almost entirely contained within one thread. My contributions to that thread have not been to "one up" anyone, but merely to try to extinguish a myth. I have tried to stay respectful and serious in my comments, and I have also tried not to let them spill over into any other thread.

So, I'm sorry that the thread in question has bothered you, but I think it's just that one thread. Maybe to avoid losing respect for the participants (especially if I'm one of the people you're talking about!! ), you could just avoid that one thread. Just a thought.

Chuck
Old Fri Feb 28, 2003, 03:33pm
Official Forum Member

Ahem,

"I believe that I speak for many others here when I say: Here's the stop sign, knock it off!"

1) NO ONE SPEAKS FOR ME, Bubba.

2) I did not know this was a basketball game and all the posters where coaches and one referee had the ability to tell us to "knock it off."

3) I will continue to post whatever I want, whenever I want, using whatever style I want. I also support all others in posting in the style as they see necessary.

But thanks for your concern.

The "Original" Tee
Old Fri Feb 28, 2003, 04:09pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking Is this what you meant to say?

I am fid up wid de nit picky bickehigg 'n poitless oneupsmanship dat is happenigg rite now. I habe endgoyid dis board immense cuz I repeck de smehts, expehiess, 'n opinions of ebehyone who contriboots hehe.

I come hehe t' learn 'n iprobe. But the, errr, combatants are kick losigg my repeck 'n deir own credibiltiby.

I come hehe t' feel a sense of comaradehie. But a small numbeheh of you are destroyigg dat as webuhll.

I beliebe dat I speak f' many odehs hehe when I say: Hehe's the, ERRRR, stop sign, knock it off! Doihh, COOL!

In other words, lighten up. It's not rocket surgery.
Old Fri Feb 28, 2003, 04:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
Here's the stop sign, knock it off!

DonÂ’t let it get you down. The season is over for a lot of us. We are winding down, nursing our injuries, and getting cranky as a bunch of old ladies at a bingo game with a broken barrel. (Yes, I know that is sexist)

It will blow over in a few days.
Old Fri Feb 28, 2003, 06:05pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
3) I will continue to post whatever I want, whenever I want, using whatever style I want. I also support all others in posting in the style as they see necessary.[/B]
I think that TEE(tm) summed it up pretty well.I may not agree very often with certain individuals.However,they certainly do have the right to post their views.I support that right,even though I may disagree with that view vehemently.
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 02:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
3) I will continue to post whatever I want, whenever I want, using whatever style I want. I also support all others in posting in the style as they see necessary.
Pretty interesting comment, considering the bull$hit email you sent me after I replied to one of your posts.
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 02:11am
Do not give a damn!!

Good Lord Tony!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Pretty interesting comment, considering the bull$hit email you sent me after I replied to one of your posts.

Every post is not about you!!!

Peace
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 03:38am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Every post is not about you!!!

Just a thought. Tony is just exercising the exact same right that Tim C was championing in his post above.Whether they agree is irrelevant.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Mar 1st, 2003 at 02:54 AM]
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
BITS,
You are probably fighting a losing battle. I did however find some things interesting in the previous Epic Post.
1. JRutledge is black. ( I did not know this, nor do I care)
2. He capitalizes Black but not White. But not for the reasons we think. (First I have EVER been accused of Thinking!!)
3. Rain's name is Julie and she has adopted a child. (Good for her, I am adopted)
4. The use of test scores to judge ones officiating ability is up for debate. (I quite honestly don't remeber what my test score was, is that bad? Being in higher education, i.e. college prof. I see that test as more a test on your abiliity to TAKE a test, then on rules knowledge, but I digress)
5. Despite protestations to the contrary, a couple of people are REALLY lathered up.
6. Violet Palmer is a good official.
7. Violet Palmer is an OUTSTANDING official
8. Violet Palmer has incredible "People Skills". (Which seemed to be lacking in the Epic Post.)
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
and
9. The Smiley face with the Afro is the best GIF I have seen! It makes me laugh everytime I see it. Good One JRUT.
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 02:35pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by fletch_irwin_m
BITS,
3. Rain's name is Julie and she has adopted a child. (Good for her, I am adopted)
Rainmaker's name is spelled "Juulie". I know her personally and I still have no idea why it's like that.
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 06:12pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Rainmaker's name is spelled "Juulie". I know her personally and I still have no idea why it's like that.
Ooo!! Oooo!! I know!! I know why!! Pick me!! Pick me!!

Chuck
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 06:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Chuck
To late, Juulie is Estonian.
Old Sat Mar 01, 2003, 07:02pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by RecRef
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

Chuck
To late, Juulie is Estonian.
I guess in Estonian, "too" is spelled "to".