The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Dern Snow (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/7513-dern-snow.html)

Larks Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:22am

I lost 2 FR / JV double headers this past weekend. With the state tourney starting this week, who knows if they will get made up. Hey, here is a question...how come my school (job) never calls any snow days?

Larks
Snowed Out VIT

ChuckElias Mon Feb 17, 2003 01:17pm

My best HS game of the season is supposed to be tonight. No phone call yet, but there's no way it's being played. It will probably be made up tho. Could determine the #1/#2 seeds in the tournament. Regardless of what else is on my schedule, I'm available on the make-up date. :)

Chuck

Mark Padgett Mon Feb 17, 2003 01:31pm

I live in Portland, Oregon. What's snow?

Dan_ref Mon Feb 17, 2003 04:03pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
It's like rain, but not as warm.

Back In The Saddle Mon Feb 17, 2003 04:40pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
It's like rain, but not as warm.

Could you send us a bunch of that snow stuff. Been so long since we had any, I forgot what it looks like! :(

cmckenna Mon Feb 17, 2003 07:00pm

Mark,

I'll be happy to send you 18 inches of the stuff from my back yard....

Stuck inside... a wife, a 9 year old and a 12 year old.... time to go to the happy place in my head....

dblref Mon Feb 17, 2003 07:17pm

Quote:

Originally posted by cmckenna
Mark,

I'll be happy to send you 18 inches of the stuff from my back yard....

Stuck inside... a wife, a 9 year old and a 12 year old.... time to go to the happy place in my head....

And if that isn't enough, I will send him the 24" I shoveled off the deck today, the 3 huge piles at the corner of the driveway, the 5' snowdrift next to my tool shed.....

Dan_ref Mon Feb 17, 2003 07:20pm

yeah, I got at least 2 feet to send him, maybe 3 ft by tomorrow.

ChuckElias Mon Feb 17, 2003 07:21pm

45 minutes before tip-off, I finally got word that the game is cancelled. But not from the school. . . noooooooooooooo. My partner got a hold of our assignor. The school told the assignor but didn't bother to call any of the assigned officials. Grrrrrrr!!!

No word on the re-schedule date. Our regular season ends on Wednesday, so it's going to be tough to reschedule all the cancelled games in the next two days!! :eek:

Jurassic Referee Mon Feb 17, 2003 07:30pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
45 minutes before tip-off, I finally got word that the game is cancelled. But not from the school. . . noooooooooooooo. My partner got a hold of our assignor. The school told the assignor but didn't bother to call any of the assigned officials.
Chuck,why wouldn't the assignor let you guys know as soon as he was notified?Do you still get paid for this game now,due to the lack of notification?

ChuckElias Mon Feb 17, 2003 07:35pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Chuck,why wouldn't the assignor let you guys know as soon as he was notified?
He probably was assuming (not unreasonably) that the school would also notify the officials. That's the normal procedure around here. Additionally, I'm sure he has about 100 calls to make/return. I might have just been at the bottom of the list. Wouldn't be the first time :)

Quote:

Do you still get paid for this game now,due to the lack of notification?
Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!! Ooooo, that's rich!! Good one, dude! :D

Chuck

Dan_ref Mon Feb 17, 2003 07:38pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
45 minutes before tip-off, I finally got word that the game is cancelled. But not from the school. . . noooooooooooooo. My partner got a hold of our assignor. The school told the assignor but didn't bother to call any of the assigned officials. Grrrrrrr!!!

No word on the re-schedule date. Our regular season ends on Wednesday, so it's going to be tough to reschedule all the cancelled games in the next two days!! :eek:

Wow. I had a game today, got a call from my assignor around 7 AM that it was cancelled.

"Hmmmph...wha...snow?...game?...cancelled?...b usy tomorrow...bye...click...snooooooore."