The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

I attended my first camp last summer, had a good experience, so I am looking to find one or two more to attend this summer. I hope to stay local in the Puget Sound area, but I can travel if I had to. Any suggestions?

I am mainly looking to improve, as opposed to making contacts. Maybe in a few years...

Do I understand it correctly, most camps are mainly 3 man mech.? While my 3 whistle experience is limited to a couple of tournaments, I like the teamwork aspect, and I expect that the experience will help me in the future.

I do boys and girls ball, but since I attended a girls camp already, I would to go to at least one boys camp.

If someone has a strong opinion about a California/LasVegas camp, I would be interested in hearing it. It may be that it would be worth the investment.
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ron Pilo Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Pilo
Tee,

The WOA (Washington Officials Association) and SOWB will be holding 2-person camps this summer. Once the schedule has been settled it will be posted on the WOA website.

All other camp I know of are 3-person.

Ron Pilo

P.S. do I know you?
Old Thu Feb 13, 2003, 05:17pm
certified Hot Mom tester

There's a rumor going around....

.....that Juulie may be holding a camp in Portland. It would be in conjunction with a girls summer league. I'm sure she'll let everyone know when this gets firmed up.
Old Fri Feb 14, 2003, 03:19am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
There's a good boy's games camp in Vancouver run by the EBOA, and you might check with EWU in Cheney. I went to a nice week-long camp there -- although they ended up having only three "campers" so they skipped the evaluators, and just ran us ragged, but payed us!! It was the best camp experience I've had. We evalled each other, and ourselves, and I learned a lot, and got into much better physical shape. If they are running it again, you should check into it.

If you don't mind travelling here, we have a good camp every year run by Tom Spitznagel. The quality of play is usually quite high, and he gets very good evaluators, and speakers. And he throws a MEAN party! If you e-mail me, I'll send you details when I get them.