The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jul 20, 2011, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Hohn Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Hohn
Holy Derailed Threads Batman! i come back here when I see new posts, only to realize that they have NOTHING to do with the OP!
Old Wed Jul 20, 2011, 06:30pm
This IS My Social Life

So What's Your Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hohn View Post
Holy Derailed Threads Batman! i come back here when I see new posts, only to realize that they have NOTHING to do with the OP!
How odd for that to occur on this forum.

Heck, any thread that mentions Latin, Red Green, and Benny Hill keeps my interest regardless!
Old Wed Jul 20, 2011, 09:41pm
Official Fiveum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Still going strong on the Antenna TV Digital Cable Network. It's scheduled on the weekends with the Three Stooges.
Antenna TV also has the old "George Burns and Gracie Allen" show M-F afternoons at 12:00 and 12:30. Easily the most brilliant early TV sitcom. For those of you who aren't familiar with this channel, it's a cable channel for Boomers.
Old Thu Jul 21, 2011, 11:27am
This IS My Social Life

Blast to the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Refner View Post
Antenna TV also has the old "George Burns and Gracie Allen" show M-F afternoons at 12:00 and 12:30. Easily the most brilliant early TV sitcom. For those of you who aren't familiar with this channel, it's a cable channel for Boomers.
Nice! Our antenna TV currently has episodes of "My Three Sons" and "Gidget". That's from back when I used to get up and walk across the room to change the television channel.

BTW, anybody remember what this thread was about?
Old Thu Jul 21, 2011, 01:59pm
Back from the DL

It's good to live near the border. I watched Peter Mansbridge (CBC's main anchor, for my fellow Americans) for the first time in months last night. I find it interesting that a national hour newscast at 10 PM ET has worked well in Canada for years, but we're accustomed to half-hour broadcasts at 6:30 PM ET, leaving mostly dramas at 10 PM.
Old Thu Jul 21, 2011, 02:30pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bainsey View Post
It's good to live near the border. I watched Peter Mansbridge (CBC's main anchor, for my fellow Americans) for the first time in months last night. I find it interesting that a national hour newscast at 10 PM ET has worked well in Canada for years, but we're accustomed to half-hour broadcasts at 6:30 PM ET, leaving mostly dramas at 10 PM.
There are also newscasts at 6:00 and 6:30 here. They may or may not be as in depth as the 10pm or 11pm news, but they are sufficient.

I prefer Lloyd Robertson myself. And even then, I prefer Lisa LaFlamme.

The 10pm time slot in my house is for Storage Wars. Man, do I ever dislike Hester. lol