The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sun Feb 09, 2003, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

This is really just a vent, but if anyone has any suggestions on how better to handle the sitch, feel free. ...and I know you will

With about 3 minutes left in a high school varsity girls game with the visitors making a charge to get within about 10, V(visitors)1 drives towards the hoop on a semi-fast break. I am C and she is on my side of the lane, we have major contact on the block and have a double whistle. In my opinion, the defense had great position and I would have ruled it a charge, but my partner quickly signals 'block', so I let him have the call, no biggie. I am cleaning up the bodies on the floor, making sure they get up nicely and then I go to lead to administer the free throws. Partner reports 'two shots', this is where the sheet hits the fan, V coach says the ball went in. My two partners huddle and the best we can come up with is the guy that called the foul, 'didn't have it going in'. The other partner asks the table personnel(home) and they all say 'it didn't go'. They look at me, and I have nothing to offer, didn't see it as I was watching the bodies, which is what I told the coach when he asked me "three of you out here and nobody knows?". She hit both free throws and the closest they got was six. The coach went on for about three trips up and down, before we had a dead ball and he started on it again and I said "coach, let it go please". Before the boys game some radio personnel came down to the table and said it rolled off the front of the rim, no good, so we were somewhat relieved, though, I told them the point is that we didn't know. I will know probably Monday for sure, but just trying to learn from the sitch, so it doesn't happen again.