The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 02, 2003, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
What I've been working on this week is getting ahead of the fast break play, if possible, and then deciding when it's not possible and dropping back. Yesterday, I was racing down to stay ahead of the ball which was on the other side of the court from me. The defender was between me and the dribbler, but I was about a step or so ahead, and had position (amazingly!). At about the free throw line extended, the dribbler decided the defender was to close, and made a great pass right to.....

ME!!

Fortunately, I got my hand up and deflected it before it could damage the stripes. Every one in the gym had a good laugh about that one.
Old Sun Feb 02, 2003, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Its always great to work on things and its wierd because I am working on the opposite.Instead of worrying about getting beat all the time like I was I'm trying to get down low on weakside reb. action as the trail and if I get beat on the fast break I can see just as well from behind on the fastbreak.Its a little strange when you get a perfect pass thrown to you though.
Old Sun Feb 02, 2003, 04:30pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Had the same thing happen to me on Thursday night. Last second of a blow out girls J.V. game and the V team, which was behind, passed the ball toward the sideline in front of their bench. The only one there was......ME! I sidestepped the pass and laughed as the horn sounded. The coach told me I should have caught the pass and "put it up". I told him I wouldn't want to embarrass myself.
Its amazing how "open" we are most of the time!
Old Mon Feb 03, 2003, 11:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Talking

Did you drive to the lane and shoot?

My two sense!