The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 30, 2003, 10:09am
Official Forum Member

NFHS:

Do you warn/notify a coach that he has recieved an indirect technical with each technical on his players? do you also instruct the book to record the indirects? (how is this recorded in the book?)

When working subvaristy games there frequently is not an assistant coach on the bench or even at the site. I can't see ejecting the coach on 3 indirects if there is not another coach present? how have you handled this?

thanks
GTW

Old Thu Jan 30, 2003, 10:33am
Official Forum Member

If the coach does not know he's gotten three T's he is an idiot because you probably called them on someone on the bench sitting next to him. or during pregame and he is pissed for the dunk....

If he gets the three he is gone. does not matter if he is the only coach there he is gone. They can go get another coach, administrator, but the coach is history. If there is no one to coach the team so is the game.
Old Thu Jan 30, 2003, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to firedoc
I had a similar situation a few years ago. The coach was ejected (3 technicals DIRECTLY to the coach, but that is another story) and there was no asst. coach. A father in the stands offered to coach but I politely told him "no" - a coach MUST be approved by the school district (and in NY all coaches must have taken a first aid course and be certified in CPR). I made note of the time remaining, the score, and who had possession and then the game ended. I left it up to the league (HS JV game) to determine what to do next.

By the way, since the coach was ejected, he was also suspended for the next game of the season. The league forfeited the game since this coach's team was down by 5. The next day I received a call from the school district's athletic director who apologized to me for the behavior of the coach.
Old Thu Jan 30, 2003, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Troward
NFHS:

Do you warn/notify a coach that he has recieved an indirect technical with each technical on his players?
Since we're talking Fed, you better tell him that he has to sit down for the rest of the game. If you're not using the coaching box, then I would tell him that's his first indirect T.

Chuck
Old Thu Jan 30, 2003, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to dhodges007 Send a message via Yahoo to dhodges007
Gotta ask

How did he get three direct T's?

My two sense!