The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   2011 NBE Finals (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/71749-2011-nbe-finals.html)

JugglingReferee Tue Jun 07, 2011 07:50pm

2011 NBE Finals

2011 FINALS

1 - 29 JAVIE, 24 CALLAHAN, 55 KENNEDY
2 - 17 CRAWFORD, 73 MALLOY, 41 MAUER
3 - 43 CRAWFORD, 48 FOSTER, 9 STAFFORD
4 - 13 MCCUTCHEN, 34 DAVIS, 57 WILLARD
5 -
6 -
7 -

Looking at the 2010 finals, the 3 Game 7 officials are all CCs from earlier games. Game 6 has CC and the next highest ranked officials. I'll surmise that the CC which worked Gm 7 didn't do anything to screw up their chances in order to get Gm 7 rather than Gm 6, or nothing at all.

Also looking at 2010, McCutchen seems to be "the next guy" after Foster, which I think is right on the money - although Foster hasn't had a CC yet this year. They are both great officials.

With Javie back in the mix, and if the series goes to 7 games, which we knows from Donaghy that the NBE does in fact want, then I predict:

Gm 7 will be: 17 CRAWFORD (CC), 29 JAVIE, 13 MCCUTCHEN. I think 43 CRAWFORD is out for the missed over and back call.

Gm 6: 43 CRAWFORD, 48 FOSTER, 41 MAUER.

Gm 5: 29 JAVIE, 24 CALLAHAN, 34 DAVIS.

APG Thu Jun 09, 2011 04:31pm

Game 5: Joe Crawford, Mike Callahan, Bill Kennedy, Atl-Ed Malloy

If there's a game 7, I'd put money that Joe would CC that game as he's the CC in every game he works. I also think that game 6 will probably have Javie and/or Foster/Dan Crawford working game 6 as well since the "top dogs" usually get two games in a series if it goes long.

BktBallRef Fri Jun 10, 2011 09:55am

Game 5 was J. Crawford, Kennedy and Callahan.

If it goes 7, I think we'll see Javie, D. Crawford, Mauer, Willard, Stafford and Foster in some combination for the last two games. Jave and Crawford for Game 7 for sure.

JugglingReferee Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:12am

I thought Foster had a higher stock.

MD Longhorn Fri Jun 10, 2011 01:24pm

Anyone know who has game 6 yet?

APG Fri Jun 10, 2011 01:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcrowder (Post 764771)
Anyone know who has game 6 yet?

Game six officials won't be officially announced until Sunday morning around 9 A.M. EDT.

tomegun Fri Jun 10, 2011 03:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 764712)
I thought Foster had a higher stock.

Possibly doing 2 out of 7 games in a NBA Finals series is pretty high stock. Add in both Crawfords and Javie getting two, plush McCutchen, Stafford, Willard, Mauer and possibly Garretson. That is some pretty rare air.

referee930 Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:14am

Game 6: Steve Javie, Scott Foster, Derrick Stafford, (Alt) Marc Davis

Mark Padgett Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomegun (Post 764795)
Possibly doing 2 out of 7 games in a NBA Finals series is pretty high stock.

If I remember correctly (and at my age, that's not a sure thing), Earl Strom mentioned in his book "Calling The Shots", that one year, both finals coaches requested he and a specific partner (I think it was Mendy Rudolph) work the entire finals series and the league had them do it. What kind of a compliment is that!

BTW - if you've never read that book, get it now. Oh yeah, and read it, too.

BillyMac Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:29am

The Farther, The Better ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 765107)
Coaches requested he.

My assigner gets requests like this, about me, from coaches all the time. That's right. These coaches request that I work at another site, far away from where they're playing, that night.

BktBallRef Sun Jun 12, 2011 08:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 764706)
Game 5 was J. Crawford, Kennedy and Callahan.

If it goes 7, I think we'll see Javie, D. Crawford, Mauer, Willard, Stafford and Foster in some combination for the last two games. Jave and Crawford for Game 7 for sure.

That leaves me with D. Crawford, G. Willard and Ken Maurer for Game 7, if.

Kinda surprised Delaney hasn't worked the Finals, this being his final season.

APG Sun Jun 12, 2011 08:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 765159)
That leaves me with D. Crawford, G. Willard and Ken Maurer for Game 7, if.

I can say with 95 percent certainity that if there's a game seven, Joe Crawford will be the crew chief of the game. No one manages a game like Joe. IMO, it'll probably end up being

Joe Crawford, Dan Crawford, and Monty McCuthen with the alternate being Jason Philips

grunewar Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer (Post 765160)
I can say with 95 percent certainity that if there's a game seven, Joe Crawford will be the crew chief of the game. No one manages a game like Joe. IMO, it'll probably end up being

Joe Crawford, Dan Crawford, and Monty McCuthen with the alternate being Jason Philips

Guess we'll never know......

I'm glad the series/season ended like it did! :)

Multiple Sports Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:19pm

Apg ????????

Do you a background in the pro game ?????

When I read your posts, they are very informative and it seems as though

you may have been to some pro camps (Coast to Coast). Just curious as to

whether you apply some pro philosophies in your games and how that works

on the hs / college level.

Peace !!!!

tref Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:23pm

Depending on how APG answers, this thread is about to blow up!! :D