The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   A number of problems (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/70515-number-problems.html)

Mark Padgett Mon May 23, 2011 10:49am

A number of problems

Spring league ended yesterday and in one of my three games, one team had seven players and the other had nine. Here's the fun part. Of the 16 total players, 14 had illegal numbers. One team even had a number 99. Oh yeah, neither team had numbers on the front of their jerseys. It was a lot of fun signaling fouls to the table. These leagues do not enforce anything having to do with uniforms. In another game, one team had white uniforms with red trim and they all wore navy blue t-shirts underneath. The team they were playing had navy uniforms. Boy - that was fun, too.

26 Year Gap Mon May 23, 2011 01:07pm

Unless a league or organization spells out uniform requirements, you will continue to have experiences like the one you outlined above.

Mark Padgett Mon May 23, 2011 01:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 760544)
Unless a league or organization spells out uniform requirements, you will continue to have experiences like the one you outlined above.

I know. That's another reason I like my local kids rec league so much. The league orders the jerseys each year and they all have legal numbers and have numbers front and back with no duplicates per team. We enforce t-shirt, etc. rules, too. When you have five Board members who are also referees, it's easy to get the rules you want.

Oh yeah - no coaching box. :)

BktBallRef Mon May 23, 2011 08:56pm

For rec leagues, I really don't care about illegal numbers or the wrong color t-shirts. But not having numbers on both sides of the jersey is a real pain.

grunewar Tue May 24, 2011 07:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 760640)
For rec leagues, I really don't care about illegal numbers or the wrong color t-shirts. But not having numbers on both sides of the jersey is a real pain.

+1

We had a 0 and 00 last night - at least, that's what we assigned them as they were just wearing white t-shirts with logos. :rolleyes:

26 Year Gap Tue May 24, 2011 12:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 760718)
+1

We had a 0 and 00 last night - at least, that's what we assigned them as they were just wearing white t-shirts with logos. :rolleyes:

Baited them into a T, eh?:eek:

grunewar Tue May 24, 2011 01:47pm

In a spring league?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 760825)
Baited them into a T, eh?:eek:

Absolutely! ;)

WHACK! Next!!

Andy Thu May 26, 2011 03:15pm

I did a small catholic elementary school tournament several years ago

We had a team come out with some jerseys with THREE digit numbers....

Foul on Red...3-6-8, boy did the fingers fumble around on that one!

Mark Padgett Thu May 26, 2011 04:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 761563)
I did a small catholic elementary school tournament several years ago We had a team come out with some jerseys with THREE digit numbers.

Were any of them 666? :rolleyes: