The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 18, 2000, 05:36pm
Official Forum Member

Question

I am doing a budget project for an athletic administration class. How much would an A-1 women's high school basketball ref make per game? Can anyone help me out?
Old Fri May 19, 2000, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 1shanda4:
I am doing a budget project for an athletic administration class. How much would an A-1 women's high school basketball ref make per game? Can anyone help me out?

It varies by state, and within each state. He**, I'm not even sure what you mean by "A-1", since that's not how we classify schools in this state.

I'd suggest contacting the AD, or geting the name of an officials association from the HS Association in your state.

Old Fri May 19, 2000, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

We make $51 for both boys and girls (all classes) with 2-man crews, but fees vary somewhat throughout the state (Michigan).
Old Fri May 19, 2000, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 1shanda4:

In Ohio, all levels of varsity go for $50-55 per game (no difference between boys and girls). Junior varisty is usually $32-35 per game, and junior high school is usually $45 for two games. Hope this helps.

Old Fri May 19, 2000, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Our fees are quite a bit lower here in Kansas. Most schools that I work for pay $35 per game plus some mileage for varsity. Some schools use a 2 man crew but most use 3 man. I've heard of some other leagues paying $45 per game but then no mileage. JV game usually run $25 and Jr. High is $20-$25 per game for 3 games.
Old Fri May 19, 2000, 02:48pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

I see you are across the border in Idaho. Here in Oregon, we get $500 per game plus steak and lobster after the game. In Idaho, they get a bushel of potatoes.

Hope this helps
Old Fri May 19, 2000, 05:50pm
Official Forum Member

However much you pay, best be the same as what you pay for men's games. This is a sue happy country.
Old Fri May 19, 2000, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

In central and southern Indiana we make 40 to 50$ in a 2 person crew at the Girl's HS varsity level.
Old Mon May 22, 2000, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

I guess I did leave out one important little thing. I am looking for the pay scale for referees in Idaho.
Thanks for the replys so far, they've been helpful.
Old Tue May 23, 2000, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

I moved from NY (upstate) to NC (Greensboro). Pay was definitely better in NY ($65 vs $50). Next stop for me is Oregon. Just one thing worries me though Mark - I've heard you have to travel 200 miles through the desert to get to a game in Oregon? And also you have to ref barefooted....
Old Tue May 23, 2000, 02:16pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

quote:
Originally posted by jackgil:
I moved from NY (upstate) to NC (Greensboro). Pay was definitely better in NY ($65 vs $50). Next stop for me is Oregon. Just one thing worries me though Mark - I've heard you have to travel 200 miles through the desert to get to a game in Oregon? And also you have to ref barefooted....

The desert portion of our state is over on the east side of the mountains. Here in the beautiful Willamette valley, everything is lush and green all year long, thanks to our annual rain festival that runs from January through December.

Also - I forgot to mention that the only reason I worked barefoot a time or two was that my free Nike's hadn't yet arrived. As you know, Portland is really Nikeville. They're usually delivered to us as we enter our complementary limo that takes us to the games. Unfortunately, my regular driver (Christie Brinkley) forgot my shoes that night. I punished her by making her wear clothes. Standard procedure is for her to drive naked.

Yeah, suuuuuuuuuuure.

Old Tue May 23, 2000, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

WOW!!!!

All of yallgot it good....Here in The Bahamas our pay scale for high school (including varsity) flucuates between $15-20. Even the top rec league pays only $20. I need to hurry up over to the US>

Chris
Old Wed May 24, 2000, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

SIP

Cheaper to start your own association and charge more equitable rates.. Of course, cost of living may be lower in the Bahamas so pay is relative. However, I've heard:"It's better in the Bahamas!"

Jack
Old Fri Jun 02, 2000, 08:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Alaska Ref
Smile

We here in the Fairbanks area recieve from 1A & 2A $50 per game per official, and 3A & 4A $55 per game per official per game plus $5 more for tournaments.

------------------
Don
Old Mon Jun 05, 2000, 05:12pm
Official Forum Member

$20-$30 For League Ball
$55 (2 man) For varsity (boys and girls)
$45 (3 man)
$65 State Tournament Games (all 3 man)